Why are the Mustangs seats being sold ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are the Mustangs seats being sold ?

I have the Mustang seat on my F6B and love it. If you like firm seats, you will be a fan. If you like soft seats, you will likely not be a fan. I like to take multi-day rides. The softer seats - to me - are extremely uncomfortable after the first day. The recovery time seems to equal the previous day's ride. The firmer seats - such as the Mustang and Corbin - may feel uncomfortable by the end of a long day but the recovery time is hours not days. These are definitely just my experiences. Yours will almost certainly be different.

Seats are like windshields. It's a personal preference. We sometimes have to try a few options before finding what suits us. It can be expensive, but I have to admit I love buying accessories for the bike!!

I bought mine to lower the seat height for the most part..It looks great on the bike and after about 5,000 miles of riding time it seems to work fine..Butt does get a little "testy" after about a l00 miles or so and my "boys" seem to fall asleep after a longer ride..I am 75+ and need to stop anyhow to stretch so no big issue so far...I am currently waiting for a couple of guys on the board to respond as to how they like the seat mods from "Mean City Cycles"..Allen and his crew apparently do great work on stock seats from many different bike brands and now can do several changes to the F6B seat for a whole lot less money than an after market one...I have my stock seat in the garage and am seriously thinking about having him lower it and narrow it at the front ....If I do, and it works out, I will probably sell the Mustang seat and take the hit, as the stock seat is pretty comfortable, but to high for me....Regards

Bought one---sold it!

The B in stock form is a bit "cramped" for me. The Mustang set me back a bit, but also set me lower--and closer to the pegs and controls, hence it made a cramped position worse---my knees were above my hips. See the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From the start I never liked the stock seat. It was too high and too hard for short people 5'8" or less with tender butts. In fact it was gone the first week I got the bike. I replaced it with the Mustang. I liked the fact it was lower. Short people have short legs, 28" inseam in my case, so that 1" plus the 1" lowering kit I had installed allows me to sit flat footed at a light and walk the bike much easier when necessary.
    I could be wrong but I kind of remember them telling me it set me back 2". I know I had to add The Kury. bar adjustment kit to bring the bars back and up 2" to get fully comfortable. Now I'm almost happy.
    The bad feature I found was the lack of an available back rest. I can imagine this could be a real problem for a taller person because even a runt like me misses the comfort of being able to lounge back during longer rides. The seat's high back just doesn't do it.
    One member on this site has made a very nice looking back rest on a Mustang so that may be my winter project.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I chose the Ultimate over the Mustang for a couple reasons...the biggest one being you have to remove the seat to take off the side covers. That was the deal breaker for me.
    The force is strong in this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I chose the Ultimate over the Mustang for a couple reasons...the biggest one being you have to remove the seat to take off the side covers. That was the deal breaker for me.
    Not an accurate statement on side covers!!...Yes, it can be a little difficult, but if your careful lift out the bottom part first and then"wiggle" the top loose they come right out..I have had mine out a couple of times and okay so far....Just be patience and careful.....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Not an accurate statement on side covers!!...Yes, it can be a little difficult, but if your careful lift out the bottom part first and then"wiggle" the top loose they come right out..I have had mine out a couple of times and okay so far....Just be patience and careful.....Regards
    I can remove mine too. Keep in mind these seats were changed a little early ones. I'm guessing it's those very early ones with fitment issues.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    When Mustang first came out with this seat they made the statement themselves that the side covers couldn't be removed with the seat installed. Maybe that's changed but it wasn't the case when I purchased my seat.
    The force is strong in this one.....

Only complaint I have with the Mustang seat is it is a little too firm but my AirHawk pad overcomes that. The backrest part is great when using the highway pegs and for backing the bike up too.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I love my Mustang seat / I am 5' 8" and it almost gets me flat footed.

It is very comfortable and looks great but on very long rides I wish I could add a back rest.

Does anyone have a seat cover for when you park outside at work etc... to prevent rain from making the seat wet. It also does get a little wet after a rain.
    Steve