Garage door opener

Thread: Garage door opener

Garage door opener

I posted this in another thread in the Garage section:

New topic. I have a left over unused garage door opener from my HD days that needs to find a home in the F6B. Skylink makes them for HD. There's a receiver Skylink P/N 838R that plugs into a wall outlet in the garage and connects to the door's motor via two wires, and either of two transmitters that Skylink sells. One is a typical small two button battery powered unit Skylink P/N 838T that is currently velcroed to my F6B over that storage cover above. The other is a neat gizmo HD P/N 91561-01B (also here) that intercepts the bike's high beam power wire and a battery/ground connection. Flip the high beams on and off and the door opens. It mounts hidden in the cowl. It may be a proprietary HD unit as they sell them via dealers.

Installation example: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J02028.pdf

Maybe this already exists in some form elsewhere. It sure is handy.

Similar to the Flash to Pass unit.

Both work well, or install a momentary switch wired into your regular door opener, cheaper, and easy to do without fumbling for the opener in your pocket. This usually also gets you much better range.

I have my garage door opener velcroed to the inside of the fairing pocket. No fumbling. Easy-peasy.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's the F2P door opener mentioned above and a good source: http://www.electricalconnection.com/...age-opener.htm

Might be easier to find than the HD unit I mentioned and is reported to be the same unit in maybe different packaging.