Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ???
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ???

Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ???

We had another great rally this year !!!!! We are always trying to find ways to improve...this is one method to do so. This is called Stop,Start and Continue...

What would you like us to Start ...

What would you like us to Stop...

What would you like us to continue...

Of course we always welcome suggestions !!!!!

Anyone else have any thought they would like to share???????

Thanks in advance, w/o your participation we are not sure if we are meeting your needs and desires to please spout off !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I will start this off....

One comment I heard this year was to Stop the photo opp on Saturday, on the BRP.... It interfered with the self guided rides....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I will start this off....

One comment I heard this year was to Stop the photo opp on Saturday, on the BRP.... It interfered with the self guided rides....
    I absolutely loved the photos on the BRP. If someone would rather do a self-guided ride, what's stopping them?

That picture is COOL. Especially the precision of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I absolutely loved the photos on the BRP. If someone would rather do a self-guided ride, what's stopping them?

That picture is COOL. Especially the precision of the lineup.
    I agree with GaTeach. I did Big Dawg and Cool Hand Guided rides most of the days but wouldn't have missed the Photo's on the BRP for the world. Its tradition......................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Tony (Phantom) spoke of moving the Rally to the Ozarks next year. My opinion and you know what they say about opinions, is to keep it right where it is in Franklin NC.(although a pool would be nice). If you move to the Ozarks it requires more time off and greater expenditure. I suspect less participation from the South. I have to tell you I look forward to the Franklin NC.Rally Every year and would hate to see it go. I'm sure many others feel the same....

Perhaps have a second Rally in the Ozarks....................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Like myself, I know many of us do our own wrenching. However, maybe some would appreciate a couple tech sessions in performing certain maintenance procedures so that they might feel comfortable doing the same. Heck, just removing panels and body work could be a class. Just a thought. We could weigh the interest in such an activity.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I'd like to see a more comprehensive pre-ride briefing; prior to each major ride. Do's, don't's, proper group riding etiquette; etc.

I was not sure of everyone's group riding abilities on a motorcycle; especially in a group ride... so was a little nervous while participating in them.

Now that I know everyone there was a good rider; but for newcomers next year... it would be advantageous for all of us if some basic's were laid out for group riding....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Tony (Phantom) spoke of moving the Rally to the Ozarks next year. My opinion and you know what they say about opinions, is to keep it right where it is in Franklin NC.(although a pool would be nice). If you move to the Ozarks it requires more time off and greater expenditure. I suspect less participation from the South. I have to tell you I look forward to the Franklin NC.Rally Every year and would hate to see it go. I'm sure many others feel the same....

Perhaps have a second Rally in the Ozarks....................................Dickie
    I have to agree with this one. However, I also understand it might make the event more accessible to those who felt Franklin was too far due to their location further west.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Like myself, I know many of us do our own wrenching. However, maybe some would appreciate a couple tech sessions in performing certain maintenance procedures so that they might feel comfortable doing the same. Heck, just removing panels and body work could be a class. Just a thought. We could weigh the interest in such an activity.
    How about a session on how to wash the bike? I volunteer Sweet Georgia to be used for demonstration purposes.

Teach

You left Georgia out in the rain storm Sunday evening. How much cleaner does she have to be??