New Matte Silver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Matte Silver

New Matte Silver

This last Saturday I took off from Durango, CO on my "kinda new" 2013 F6. (The idea being that I could ride it in Atlanta vs. just putting it up for the winter in Colorado) After about 1000 miles I found myself in Russellville, AR on Monday morning trading it in on a 2015 Matte Silver Deluxe. What can I say… I really wanted cruise control and I've liked that matte silver finish ever since I first saw it in Daytona back in March. Finished out the last 600 miles last night arriving back in Atlanta around 10 PM. Love the new bike!!! There really shouldn't be any difference, but there is. Go figure? Maybe it's just the fact that it's brand new? Regardless… found myself with a big perma-grin when I saw it in the garage this morning.

Cool

Sweet !!!!!! Congrats !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

New BikesMakemeSmile

Congrats on the new ride & color!

Still Grinning

You also have the fastest color, I was unsure of the matte silver but boy is it growing on me, I am a chrome lover and have chrome pipes, chrome frame covers, chrome accents on the front louvers of the front fender, and a chrome kuryakyin glove box cover, the chrome and matte silver just set each other off, I wouldn't trade this color for anything now. over 5000 miles on the deluxe and its just a great machine.

Congratulations. I love my Matte Silver and cruise control. The pipes on the 15 have a little more rumble than the earlier models. Enjoy!
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

So what do you guys think of the black pipes. Do they grow on you because I don't care for them at all. I like the new White FB6 but the black pipes is just to much black for me. I like a little chrome. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    So what do you guys think of the black pipes. Do they grow on you because I don't care for them at all. I like the new White FB6 but the black pipes is just to much black for me. I like a little chrome. Al
    I like the black pipes. Less chrome to agonize over; trying to keep it clean.

For once; I have a motorcycle that I don't have to detail; to within an inch of it's life. My 2015 Matte silver is quick and easy to clean. Hell; I even love the flat black powder coated wheels; you can't even tell they are dirty.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I like the black pipes. Less chrome to agonize over; trying to keep it clean.

For once; I have a motorcycle that I don't have to detail; to within an inch of it's life. My 2015 Matte silver is quick and easy to clean. Hell; I even love the flat black powder coated wheels; you can't even tell they are dirty.

I too like the blacked out look. I wasn't always a fan of this look, but for some reason I think this bike pulls it off. And as others have said... clean up seems to be a breeze compared to the other bikes that I've had. I've always thought that you can't beat the look of a black motorcycle (or black on most other vehicles for that matter) but I've stayed away from them in the past because while they look beautiful when they're cleaned and polished you can see a scratch on them from 100 feet away. That being said... I liked my black 2013 F6. It was uper easy to clean, but there again... Every little scratch or swirl in the finish stood out like a sore thumb. I'm hoping that the matte silver doesn't have that issue.

Maybe I need to see one in person. Not many F6B's in my area. Local shop sells Hondas and they are a good dealer but they don't sell to many Goldwings as there primary draw is Harleys. Until then I like my red 2013 real well and it is the fastest color. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Honda done a great job picking to colors on the F6's. The red/black and yellow/black look really good I love my blue/black but there are a few colors that would look better with more chrome instead of more black, like the matte color and the white. Black/white just screams "COP" and would be a better looking bike with more chrome. My dealer has a matte silver F6 and my salesman told me nobody really looks at it and if they do they ask if there are other colors. I think it's a color that either speaks to you or you just hate it. I had an all black motorcycle years ago and hated cleaning and the hot gas tank on sunny days.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike