Honda Marine volt meter wiring loom fit

Thread: Honda Marine volt meter wiring loom fit

Honda Marine volt meter wiring loom fit

G'day everyone.
    I fitted the Wingstuff genuine Honda marine volt meter and replacement panel today, but could not work out where to attach the wiring connectors ( power and earth) in either of the two wiring loom points located in the rubber boots on the right access panel , rt side of the fairing.
    There are two separate white connector blocks with black caps ( with three vertical brass pins). My wiring connector on the volt meter has 2 pins in a horizontal plane. Do I use the small white connector block, and splice into it for power to the gauge, or is there a location that the two pin horizontal gauge connector will just plug in to? Unfortunately the online instructions were no help.
    My bike is a 2015.
    Thanks for any advice re this, as I was expecting simple plug and play.
    Ken

There is a link to the installation instructions right on the Wingstuff webpage for the voltmeter, http://wingstuff.com/products/29399-...ith-back-panel

http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/...pdf?1331818668

I think that if you have the Honda heated grips it plugs into that connector and if you don't have the heated grips then you have to purchase a separate harness extension to jump to the left side pocket connector.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I tied into the heated grip power supply since I don't have them on my bike. Easy. Service manual helps.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Thanks fellas. After a bit more research, yep, looks like I need to purchase the extra wiring harness to get to the left pocket area.
    Bugger!
    Thanks and best wishes all.
    Ken