BikeMP3 Evolution CB system, the Enable kit for F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BikeMP3 Evolution CB system, the Enable kit for F6B

BikeMP3 Evolution CB system, the Enable kit for F6B

I called the BikeMP3 company and asked about the F6B Enable kit that is needed for the Evolution CB system. The Enable kit, is an add-on item to the top portion of the left side handle bar switches that are needed to operate the CB. I was told that by the end of this year or beginning of next that the Enable kit will again be available.

I have been looking at both CB systems, the BikeMP3 Evolution, and the J&M handlebar mount 2003K system. I want something ASAP. I'm just not sure if I want the J&M CB, which is available now. I think I want to wait and get the Evolution.

UUMMmmmmmmm.... not.......JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have the enable kit from BikeMP3 and a factory CB on my 2013 F6B and wouldn't have anything else....looks and works like a factory install. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    I have the enable kit from BikeMP3 and a factory CB on my 2013 F6B and wouldn't have anything else....looks and works like a factory install. Just my opinion.
    I have to agree, that really is the best solution for having a CB on the F6B.

So, having to wait on the availability of the "enable kit" is the hold up. Unless maybe getting factory switches. Wonder if that is possible?

There was a set on eBay...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    There was a set on eBay...
    eBay.. right..

I located the set of switches for an 01 Honda Goldwing, and it should arrive Oct 5th. and it looks like there are plenty of CBs for 01- 2010. cool thanks Steve

I'm getting closer

Hold off trying to get one!

PM me for information. They have had a manufacturing problem that I got caugh up in. It is not going well -- for me the customer! More to follow after I get back from a long trip!

Quote Originally Posted by EZ Ed View Post
    PM me for information. They have had a manufacturing problem that I got caugh up in. It is not going well -- for me the customer! More to follow after I get back from a long trip!
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with their cb kit. I, like BACA, have a Honda radio and a Bike MP3 kit and it works perfectly.
    Some of the problems Wingers have with their cb's are discussed at Wingconnect.com. It's a good source of information and the place to send a broken Wing radio for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with their cb kit. I, like BACA, have a Honda radio and a Bike MP3 kit and it works perfectly.
    Some of the problems Wingers have with their cb's are discussed at Wingconnect.com. It's a good source of information and the place to send a broken Wing radio for repair.
    Unfortunately Wingconnect.com only repairs 2001-2010 radios not the 2012 and newer. The F6B radio (AM/FM) is a 2014.
    As I said in my post-- THEY have a manufacturing issue and I got caught with it.

Where does the CB module go on the F6B, or does it replace the radio unit under the seat ?

TIA