BikeMP3 Evolution CB system, the Enable kit for F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BikeMP3 Evolution CB system, the Enable kit for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Where does the CB module go on the F6B, or does it replace the radio unit under the seat ?

TIA
    It goes under the tool kit strap in the left side case. It takes up very little space. When installed all the cb info is displayed on your dash screen just like on a full Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    It goes under the tool kit strap in the left side case. It takes up very little space. When installed all the cb info is displayed on your dash screen just like on a full Wing.
    Thanks. Sounds like BikeMP3 is out of stock until sometime next year.

Do you know if the "Enable Kit" includes the handlebar CB switches ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Thanks. Sounds like BikeMP3 is out of stock until sometime next year.

Do you know if the "Enable Kit" includes the handlebar CB switches ?
    It includes the switches.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    It includes the switches.
    Thanks.

Installation

Anybody had any experience installing the Bike MP3 CB radio with the F6B enable kit? How difficult is it to install?
    Thanks for your time.
    Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

I've installed two of them, one on my bike and one on a friend's. I wouldn't say it's too difficult. It depends on how "handy" you are. The you tube video that explains what to do needs to be studied. You just need some patience and realize that when finished, it looks "factory". I used a splitter to use the cb antenna for both the cb and the factory radio. Fabricating an antenna mount to make the cb antenna exit the antenna boot was harder than the radio install. Sierra electronics have antenna parts and a slim black cb antenna that looks good.

If you decide to take it on I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any, but I'm not an electronics guru. I just take it one slow step at a time.

Thanks Bertrider!!

OK question....If I buy a complete left side switch cluster for a 2015 goldwing which includes the CB switches will that switch cluster work on a 2015 F6B?

Thought maybe I could that, then buy the Bike MP3 CB radio and put it on my F6B, just concerned if the switch cluster will work.

Thanks for your time!!
    Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

You don't need to buy the entire switch cluster. All you need is the switch unit that controls the cb. If you look closely at your bar switches on the left bar, the top comes off. It screws on from the bottom of the cluster. The cb switches then screw on to the top.

Note that even if you get just the cb switch cluster it will need to be sent to Bikemp3 to be wired. The kit supplies all the wiring for the cb from the rear of the bike forward. Your F6B wiring doesn't include all the wiring for a cb, just a connector or two. The kit supplies what is missing to make it all function just like a full Wing's functions.

You can supply the cb switches or simply purchase them from Bikemp3. You supply them is one price, they supply them is higher.

I guess what I'm saying is that you need three things for it all to work: the Bikemp3 kit, a factory Honda cb or a Bikemp3 cb, and a cb antenna. I think I said above, the antenna thing took the longest for me to figure out and be satisfied with the result, looks wise. I just wanted one antenna sticking out of my bike.

Ok I got it now, thank you Bertrider. I'll keep checking with Bike MP3 to see when they have switch avaliable or try to find the switch for sale.
    Thanks for your time!!
    Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL