gl1800riders

Thread: gl1800riders

gl1800riders

I registered for this forum about a month ago and have sent at least 3 messages to admin and have not gotten any response???

I can get on the forum but I am not allowed to post. Anyone know anyone that cant help solve this issue?

My Username on the site is CarolinaF6B.

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

We have no affiliation with the GL 1800 board....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

My thinking was that these 2 boards may share members and a shared member may have a different contact to get me all set up.

I've all but abandoned gl1800riders. There is a lot of good info on gl1800riders but the owner / mods have become very restrictive. You can't mention other Wing sights or pass info about venders that are not sponsors of there sight. Your post will be deleated. If you really want on, first check your spam basket. Good luck.

I will post your name on their forum asking them to activate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    There is a lot of good info on gl1800riders but the owner / mods have become very restrictive. You can't mention other Wing sights or pass info about venders that are not sponsors of there sight.
    This is common on all website forums that have vendors to support their website.
    We have a list of vendors that instead of remaining neutral and support multiple sites, have selected one over the other and then attempt to commercially SPAM or "Plant" employees on the sites that they don't support to push their products. That is not ethical and it misleads members with biased-false reviews.

Website forums cost money to run and maintain ... someone has to pay for it. We have discussed this in the past, the only way to get around this would be a $50 annual membership fee and zero vendors .... these type of websites eventually die due to lack of financial support.

There are websites like the GL1800 Riders (Canadian Owned - Vertical Scope) that use "phishing" to get information so that they can push pop-up ads on their members where ever they visit the internet. We don't do that and will not promote websites that do or attempt to get our membership's information.

There are websites that sell products with the caveat of "these videos are for entertainment purposes only-DO NOT attempt this yourself- only a certified mechanic should perform this service" and then they proceed in telling you "how to" without out having a liability insurance policy in case someone gets hurt from following or misunderstanding their instructions.

There are several GoldWing Forums out there, some are good and others are not, in fairness we DO NOT promote other forums, per GOOGLE analytics, this is the #1 F6B forum in the world. The membership, the way that it is managed and moderated is the reason. We are not perfect and we will never please everyone, however we do our best.

Definition of Phishing .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

Respectfully, Phantom

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

U da man, Phantom!