How tight should your helmet fit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How tight should your helmet fit.

How tight should your helmet fit.

I just purchased a Shoei Multitech in medium. I have a small head, but this helmet feels extremely snug, not uncomfortable but kinda hard to get on. Did I buy the wrong size?

My forehead let's me know after an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Do the TV test. Put on your helmit and watch a couple of shows. A after market dealer I know calls it the cowch test. You will know in an hour.

I bought a shoei and it seemed too tight...was told it should be that way, the pads will flatten a bit. This was at Cycle Gear. The guy acted like he knew about it. I'm still with it and while riding, I'm so damn happy, I don't think about it!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I bought a shoei and it seemed too tight...was told it should be that way, the pads will flatten a bit. This was at Cycle Gear. The guy acted like he knew about it. I'm still with it and while riding, I'm so damn happy, I don't think about it!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrock View Post
    +1
    At first my Shoei felt like it was way too tight...After a full riding season it is the nicest fitting and quietest helmet I have owned.....Video from Revzilla said it should fit fairly tight, but not so much that it is uncomfortable after an hour or so.....

I just got fitted at the Long Beach motorcycle show by a Shoei technnician and learned that I had been wearing an improperly chosen Helmut size - my medium Bell RS-1. It was so tight from front to back that I was getting headaches when I was riding. He fitted me for a large using front to back, side to side and circumference measurements. He stressed that it should be snug but cannot be too tight in the front. If the larger size causes it to be a little bit roomy on the sides, he said he would install inserts on the sides to snug it up.

The Neotech is so much more comfortable, hopefully no more headaches! I hope this is helpful.

Comfortably snug, same with strap.
    If you can monkey with your rag or mop, it's too loose.

I don't know... I own dozens and I just buy what feels good on my melon.
    Bought Speed and Strength brand for the latest. They have some adjustments and seem to fit well.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Yup, snug, should not be able to move/rotate the helmet.... I have owned Many!!!!!! It all comes down to the size and shape of your punkin... there is a break in period so it should/may be a bit snug when new and after a few long rides it should become comfortable...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

So, Greg, to more directly answer your question. ..the Multitech is a modular, correct? And you put it on with it opened, correct? So, if it's hard to put on, and we're not just talking about tight cheek pads, I would guess you might need the next size up.