I knew it was too good to last. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I knew it was too good to last.

Well, it could have been worse, right? Just heal up the best you can and the rest will take care of itself. I'm sort of in the same boat after getting hit by a car last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Random one View Post
    i have been a rider since 1963 and have had my share of skinned knees and got hit once head on in 1985. Saturday 9/26/2015 I dumped my brand new F6B on the streets of Louisville, KY. Some S@# of a B)@$% left the fuel cap off of his Diesel Powered truck and dumped about 2 gallons of fuel on the road way. There was no visible clue to the spill.
    The back wheel shot out from under me as I was making a slow speed right hand turn.(Less than 5 MPH) I did not even have time to lift my foot up from making a full stop at the red light. As the back wheel started to go out from under me I forced my right foot down to try to catch the bike. Bad mistake on my part. The bike scissored my leg to the black top and broke both the tibia and fibia. And for good measure it also dislocated my ankle.

The bike only has a few scratches on the crash bars. They performed as designed. The bike only slid about 5 feet.

This afternoon I'm going to the Dr. this to schedule surgery to repair the breaks. I was amazed that they set my ankle and put a splint on my leg and let me go home.
    I am suffering some pain, Bless the designer of Oxycodone Hydrochloride!!!
    This is not a request for money, I am well insured both on the bike and health insurance.

I was going to the Tail of the Dragon for my birthday next month and with any luck I'll still make it with out any cast on my leg.
    Prayers are welcomed.
    Sorry about your situation. When I was 17, I was going around a very sharp turn up in Indy near the track. It's a turn I had beenon many times when all of a sudden the bike (1981 Silverwing Interstate) slammed to the road and slid 15 feet on the saddlebags. Not one scratch on the bags. The road is right atthe entrance to a Marathon oil depot. I started my senior year in high school in a knee brace and on crutches.

BTW, I'm down in Elizabethtown.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery my good Sir...

Hope you mend fast and glad you can be here to talk about what happened.I hit a flow of coolant from a truck that blew a lower radiator hose in the 80's and went down at around 25 mph.Happened so fast I just hung on and was lucky to keep my legs tucked in so the crash bars on my 1200 Goldwing did there job.Walked away with POOP in my pants but otherwise fine.

Sorry to hear that!

It could happen to any of us and is no reflection on your riding skills AT ALL. Something similar happened to me 2 years ago with the wife on the back. I did not fall but while pulling up to a stop sign I put my left foot down in a diesel spill and my feet shot out and I was left balancing my bike with the wife not knowing what was happening. I was able to get both feet planted and recovered quickly, but it could have been ugly with her on the back and we were not even moving. Recover quickly my friend.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear. Glad that you will recover though and nothing more serious happened.

Wishing you a speedy recovery as well. It hurt me just reading your account.

Now the buzz kill - manage your use of pain medications very carefully brother.

Praying for your quick/full recovery. Rest well and start increasing your posts on here. remember, "any landing that you can walk away from,,, or hop,,," well I hope you still have a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    It could happen to any of us and is no reflection on your riding skills AT ALL. Something similar happened to me 2 years ago with the wife on the back. I did not fall but while pulling up to a stop sign I put my left foot down in a diesel spill and my feet shot out and I was left balancing my bike with the wife not knowing what was happening. I was able to get both feet planted and recovered quickly, but it could have been ugly with her on the back and we were not even moving. Recover quickly my friend.
    Yes, no reflection on riding skills at all. It's hard to win the game when Wiley Coyote is stacking the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Hope you mend fast and glad you can be here to talk about what happened.I hit a flow of coolant from a truck that blew a lower radiator hose in the 80's and went down at around 25 mph.Happened so fast I just hung on and was lucky to keep my legs tucked in so the crash bars on my 1200 Goldwing did there job.Walked away with POOP in my pants but otherwise fine.
    Wow!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Sorry to hear that. Praying for speedy recovery.