Exahust recomendations
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exahust recomendations

Exahust recomendations

I'm sure that this has been asked before, sorry.

I'm looking to add a little "growl" to the exhaust tone of the bike. I'm not looking for anything obnoxious, just a little noise. I had earlier posted about the "Dual Siblings" brand but it was removed due to this site not supporting this brand any longer (I understand Phantom ).

Listening to audio clips don't really do justice to the actual tone and some reviews actually call them very deceiving. Looking for chrome or stainless steel. Any and all input on loudness, raspyness, drone, would be greatly appreciated. I've made one, expensive, mistake in the past buying a set of Hard Chrome Sideburners for my VTX. They made the bike sound like a top fuel dragster and lasted less than a week on the bike before I went to something else.

Thanks in advance and look forward to feedback.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave it alone and save some $$$$$......JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Buddy I'm one of the few in here that has a V&H. Nice rumble at idle and kinda like a Porshe 911 at full scream up on top. I like it and great looks also. Don't listen to Steve. He's just an old grandpa.

Some of the aftermarket pipes have an unexpected drone to them. When I was at the 2015 Franklin Rally; I rode behind two bikes that have the Cobra 6 into 6 exhausts installed. While behind them; the drone from them was actually painful to my ears. And I like loud pipes.

Before you buy; try to find someone on the board or elsewhere with a set of pipes that you are contemplating... installed. So you can go listen.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

My ...First, install Torq Loopz and then decide if you want to go further. Counting the original exhaust, I'm now running my 4th set of pipes. From my experience, any louder aftermarket exhaust is going to produce noticeable drone without the Loopz. Of course, YMMV.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Buddy I'm one of the few in here that has a V&H. Nice rumble at idle and kinda like a Porshe 911 at full scream up on top. I like it and great looks also. Don't listen to Steve. He's just an old grandpa.
    shooter, the V&H are toward the top of my list and agree with you on the looks. What has held me back on those are comments on how loud they are and they are pretty pricy, but you also get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Some of the aftermarket pipes have an unexpected drone to them. When I was at the 2015 Franklin Rally; I rode behind two bikes that have the Cobra 6 into 6 exhausts installed. While behind them; the drone from them was actually painful to my ears. And I like loud pipes.

Before you buy; try to find someone on the board or elsewhere with a set of pipes that you are contemplating... installed. So you can go listen.
    willtill, I've read that these are loud, and most importantly, the looks are not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    My ...First, install Torq Loopz and then decide if you want to go further. Counting the original exhaust, I'm now running my 4th set of pipes. From my experience, any louder aftermarket exhaust is going to produce noticeable drone without the Loopz. Of course, YMMV.
    Hornblower, how much affect do these have on the tone with a stock exhaust? This was actually in my thought process.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about the new ones from Two Brothers??...Look nice from their video and seem to sound okay...I have no idea about the infamous "drone" which most after market pipes seem to have...My Cobras have a drone, but after two years I am used to it and the sound generally does not bother me much...If it does, I just change throttle speeds a little....Ride safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Leave it alone and save some $$$$$......JMHO
    + if it works spend your money elsewhere!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTRACER View Post
    Hornblower, how much affect do these have on the tone with a stock exhaust? This was actually in my thought process.
    Loopz replace the cat and, as you may know, a cat can act like a muffler. So, when you get rid of the cat, the exhaust note and volume will change. That's why I think it makes sense to make changes like this in stages. Once you install Loopz, you can always make it louder with any number of aftermarket slip-ons.

One other note...some slip-ons have options for different baffles. That could be useful if you're one that wants to fine-tune the sound. Someone asked about the TBR pipes which happen to be what I'm running at the moment. They do not offer baffle choices so you get what you get which, btw, is fairly obnoxious (but I like it ).
    Ken (Hornblower)

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTRACER View Post
    I'm sure that this has been asked before, sorry.

I'm looking to add a little "growl" to the exhaust tone of the bike. I'm not looking for anything obnoxious, just a little noise. I had earlier posted about the "Dual Siblings" brand but it was removed due to this site not supporting this brand any longer (I understand Phantom ).

Listening to audio clips don't really do justice to the actual tone and some reviews actually call them very deceiving. Looking for chrome or stainless steel. Any and all input on loudness, raspyness, drone, would be greatly appreciated. I've made one, expensive, mistake in the past buying a set of Hard Chrome Sideburners for my VTX. They made the bike sound like a top fuel dragster and lasted less than a week on the bike before I went to something else.

Thanks in advance and look forward to feedback.

Have your heard the sound of the 2015s? I have a one month old blue 2015 and like the increased "attitude" that the exhaust has. You know it's there but not overly loud. Not sure if you can get the new pipes from Honda though. Also, they may all be black.