Exahust recomendations - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exahust recomendations

I am taking the baffles out of my stock pipes this weekend. I will report on the outcome. If it doesn't get me the sound I want I am going to get the Cobras and do what Mrs Chunky did; remove the baffles. I thought her bike was the best I have heard to date.

I think the trick is to get the sound passed the bags....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by LacoocheeBoy View Post
    I am taking the baffles out of my stock pipes this weekend. I will report on the outcome. If it doesn't get me the sound I want I am going to get the Cobras and do what Mrs Chunky did; remove the baffles. I thought her bike was the best I have heard to date.
    Hey LacoocheeBoy, Remember us think we ran into you in Plant City one day lolAttachment 16813Attachment 16814

Were back in Ohio an I got my F6B.

I have a set of F6B pipes sans baffle on my 2012 wing sound s sweet Plan to do the F6B
    Battoo

Are the V&H Monsters lighter or heavier than OEM?
    I see on their site that they advise you should also instal a fuel map modification ( black box).
    Thanks for any info on this as Im keen to fit a pair.
    Not sure about chrome pipes on my 15 F6B though.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
    Are the V&H Monsters lighter or heavier than OEM?
    I see on their site that they advise you should also instal a fuel map modification ( black box).
    Thanks for any info on this as Im keen to fit a pair.
    Not sure about chrome pipes on my 15 F6B though.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    I'm curious about this also. Remapping would be needed if there was a significant increase in airflow. From some reviews that I've read, the airflow restrictions are the same or worse than stock. Those that have V&H Monsters, have you noticed any backfire issues on deceleration? I'd really like to pull the trigger on a set, but don't want to make a expensive mistake.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    No backfire issues and the B will compensate for a small increase in flow. Usually in order to need fuel management you need to increase air in as well as air out. Just adding the pipes will not cause problems. According to my records I have picked up about 1 to 1.5 mpg since installing the pipes. Love the look and the sound. I don't know about the weight
    I don't think much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    No backfire issues and the B will compensate for a small increase in flow. Usually in order to need fuel management you need to increase air in as well as air out. Just adding the pipes will not cause problems. According to my records I have picked up about 1 to 1.5 mpg since installing the pipes. Love the look and the sound. I don't know about the weight
    I don't think much difference.
    Thanks for the quick response shooter, I was pretty sure that there were not going to be issues, figured the FMS would be able to handle.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pulled the trigger on the V&H Monsters this morning . Supposed to be on my doorstep on Friday. I'll post up my thought/impressions, post install.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like the idea of pulling the cats off first and replacing them with torque loops. We do not have emissions testing on motorcycles Illinois. May get better sound out of stock pipes. But I do like the sound of Bassani's.