Black radio knobs to glue key blanks into
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black radio knobs to glue key blanks into

Black radio knobs to glue key blanks into

Gday everyone.
    After one week, Ive had enough of having to remove my key from the ignition to access my panniers.
    Could you please advise who is the best retailer to purchase black radio knobs from, as well as Honda F6B keyblanks, so I can do the pannier lock mod.
    Thanks in advance and best wishes all.
    Ken

Well Baytown, not much of us Chaps in the U.S. will be useful as to where. Obvious reasons.

There are plenty of threads that do address this topic.

The low down is the black Honda Radio knob will not fit in the rear indentation. It's too big in diameter.

Here in the U.S. we get the blanks from any key place and use the 27R blank. I believe Hillman is the manufacturer.

Remember, you will cut the top some in order to fit it into a knob. Any knob will due just go find one you like at a Radio Shack if you have those down there.

In addition, there is a manufacturer that has remote control to open the panniers!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Knobs & keys

Contact F6B-RICH on the forum and see if he has any knobs and keys left. If not maybe he can point you too a source to buy them. The other thread is correct, the radio knob is too big for the saddlebag lock and you will have to source out another smaller knob for that application.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thank you!

Thanks for the great replies Fellas ( esp FLA, I've been to Florida, loved it especially St Augustine).
    I'll look here for suitable knobs but wont hold my breath. Failing that, I'll use your contact with F6B Rich.
    Thank you for the video as well.
    Best wishesto you up Nth.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    the radio knob is too big for the saddlebag lock and you will have to source out another smaller knob for that application.
    If you leave the key shaft a little longer, the radio knob will work in the saddlebag lock.
    IMG_7286.jpgAttachment 16825Attachment 16826
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

I used all metal blanks from Ace hardware. The one for the saddlebags have to be extra long, so when I cut the key, I cut it lengthwise parallel to the key on both sides then cut it to length. I used JB weld epoxy as the glue. I ordered the knobs from Shinhopples Honda via the interweb.

No problem of them coming out when you ride down a bumpy road, etc??

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    No problem of them coming out when you ride down a bumpy road, etc??
    no..you have to turn them to lock to remove...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
    Gday everyone.
    After one week, Ive had enough of having to remove my key from the ignition to access my panniers.
    Could you please advise who is the best retailer to purchase black radio knobs from, as well as Honda F6B keyblanks, so I can do the pannier lock mod.
    Thanks in advance and best wishes all.
    Ken
    Ken

You can find a great source of knobs at your local Automotive Store or Auto Salvage Yard. What you are looking for, are in reality, the plastic cover caps for the A/C Shrader Valves (high pressure side). I used one for the saddle bag key and it works great because of the "grip feature" of the outer body. Sure makes turning the key much easier. Attaching a pic of the cap for clarity!

Attachment 16831