2016 F6B Annual Rally ... It's officially in the books! - Page 58
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758

Thread: 2016 F6B Annual Rally ... It's officially in the books!

Kidney Stones

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I wanted to apologize for not being able to participate on Thursday or Friday. Early Thursday morning, I was hit with a kidney stone attack. If you are one of the unlucky few that's had that experience then you understand.

It finally passed this afternoon, but it was tough to endure 3+ days. I am now on the mend!!

Doing a follow up with a urologist Tuesday to make sure everything is alright.

I enjoyed meeting and visiting with everyone. Just wish I could have been there more!!
    Make sure they check your Calcium Levels - many a soul has suffered from repeated kidney stone attacks because they had high calcium levels from a bad parathyroid gland - easy fix.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Make sure they check your Calcium Levels - many a soul has suffered from repeated kidney stone attacks because they had high calcium levels from a bad parathyroid gland - easy fix.
    Yes, I got a report on the stone about a week after my episode.

They sent the stone to the Mayo Clinic for analysis. It came back 99% Oxalate. They sent me diet information, which I'm finding to be a little confusing at times. But the most important part seems to be drinking plenty of water.

One of the foods that I have to avoid when possible is peanuts. They are very high on the list of Oxalate content, also Chocolate is pretty high as well. Peanut MM's are one of my favorite desserts/candy's!!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Yes, I got a report on the stone about a week after my episode.

They sent the stone to the Mayo Clinic for analysis. It came back 99% Oxalate. They sent me diet information, which I'm finding to be a little confusing at times. But the most important part seems to be drinking plenty of water.

One of the foods that I have to avoid when possible is peanuts. They are very high on the list of Oxalate content, also Chocolate is pretty high as well. Peanut MM's are one of my favorite desserts/candy's!!
    Well, I switched to almond m&ms. maybe that small change will help in a pinch?

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    Well, I switched to almond m&ms. maybe that small change will help in a pinch?
    I was going to do that also, but then I looked them up. They are not a lot different from Peanuts!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128