2016 F6B Annual Rally ... It's officially in the books! - Page 50
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: 2016 F6B Annual Rally ... It's officially in the books!

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    My "Short" calendar says.....0 days and a wake up!
    Leaving in the am...see you all there

I'm ready! Leaving sunday

Getting exited.

Best Western

Sadly, I can't go to the Rally. I just have more work than imagined and can't juggle the schedule any longer. I have a room reserved at the Best Western. Anyone wanting the reservation please PM me.

Have fun and ride safely.

Buzz

Leaving in the AM

It is the time of year for road work, Everyone who will be traveling to the rally or else where, watch your backs. People in general are irritated about the traffic and not paying attention.

RIDE SAFE MY FRIENDS, SEE YOU AT THE RALLY

Pictures or it didn't happen!

I'm excited to meet everyone aver share our passion for one amazing bike.

Riding in the Ozark Mountains

I thought this would be a good time to provide some helpful information and a little heads up stuff regarding riding in the Ozarks.

Fuel - There are no major service stations in the mountains. Actually, for the most part, there is no fuel. Jasper has a place with fuel, but with no pay at the pump it would take ages for a group to fuel up. I would suggest that it is very important to have your bike FULL OF FUEL before going into the Ozarks. There are a couple other places, but there are a limited number of pumps so for a large group it would be very time consuming.

Restrooms, etc. - There is an overlook on highway 7 approximately 30 miles north of the hotel with modern facilities. The store at Pelsor (on highway 7) has a restroom, but you will need to make a purchase to use the facility. There are facilities in a few of the small towns. But it is easy to ride 100 miles and not see anything.

Rural Area - In the Arkansas River Valley you will see considerable traffic at times, but once you get into the mountains there will be very little traffic. Especially in the mornings before noon. You will find the most traffic on highway 7. During the middle of the week, it is not unusual to ride 100 miles on some of the rural highways and not see anybody.

Safety - It goes without saying that it is VERY important for everyone to ride their own ride. Stay in your comfort zone!! The Ozarks has some great twisty roads with an abundance of 25 to 30 MPH curves that can be handled at speed. But it is easy to get into a false sense of security. Every so often there will be a tight decreasing radius curve that will bit you. The locals know where these are and are prepared for them. Highway 7 from Russellville to Jasper does not have anything to worry about in that department except for one curve going down into Jasper. But it is close to Jasper, so if your doing the posted speed limit there will be no problem.

I hope this is helpful. And I hope everyone has a great time!! There are two local guys that will be at the Rally. If we can be of help let us know!!

Ride Safe!!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Thank you Monk !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Very helpful info

+1 Monk. We attend BBB every year, and some of those curves can be tight. In particular, a couple on the Pig Trail & into Eureka Springs have a dip combined with a tight turn that is easy to bottom out on or overcook if you enter them too fast.

Good call on the fill-ups too. We typically stay south of Fayetteville. One of my buds used to ride a Sportster with a pea tank (oxymoron?), and I recall at least couple times when he was on vapors before we hit fuel. Doesn't help matters that the scenery is so beautiful that keeping an eye on gas levels is the last thing on your mind.

Glad there will be a couple locals present. I'm interested in finding out about a few twisties that I've not yet encountered.

Ride safe, everyone!
    Psalm 34