OEM Seat Cover ? Should I change it while I can?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM Seat Cover ? Should I change it while I can?

OEM Seat Cover ? Should I change it while I can?

I have a Corbin on the bike I bought used but need it lowered and narrower, so I bought an OEM and sent it to Mean City Cycles for a seat mod. Quick question.....should I change the cover to new vinyl or leather while it's there? I don't have an OEM seat, so it's hard for me to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    I have a Corbin on the bike I bought used but need it lowered and narrower, so I bought an OEM and sent it to Mean City Cycles for a seat mod. Quick question.....should I change the cover to new vinyl or leather while it's there? I don't have an OEM seat, so it's hard for me to know. Thanks.

Personally IMHO... I don't think anything is wrong with the OEM vinyl; cut and style.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The vinyl was fine for me. The worst thing about the OEM seat is the way it jammed me forward. If I had it to do over, I would have had them (MCC) move me back and higher with memory foam instead of the soft stuff. But that is just me. Instead I bought the Ultimate to accomplish that.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The OEM seat was very comfortable to me.... if the slope in the seat were more vertical the seat would have been perfect !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    The vinyl was fine for me. The worst thing about the OEM seat is the way it jammed me forward. If I had it to do over, I would have had them (MCC) move me back and higher with memory foam instead of the soft stuff. But that is just me. Instead I bought the Ultimate to accomplish that.
    Ryder how much do you think that ultimate raised you up. Oh and to the OP , I like the vinyl on the OE seat. If the foam was better I wouldn't change mine. After two hours my azz is burning. Get off for 15 min. and I'm good to go.

http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorc...6b-seats/25140

They compare it to their Mid Rider seat and not the OEM. Here is my best description--- with the OEM I was flat footed very easy. I am 6'1" and 32" inseam @ 250lbs. With the Mustang, I moved back, but lower so that my knees were bent and I was still flat footed when stopped. The King seat moved me back and I am still flat footed but my legs are straight---not uncomfortable--but straight. Hope that helps.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorc...6b-seats/25140

They compare it to their Mid Rider seat and not the OEM. Here is my best description--- with the OEM I was flat footed very easy. I am 6'1" and 32" inseam @ 250lbs. With the Mustang, I moved back, but lower so that my knees were bent and I was still flat footed when stopped. The King seat moved me back and I am still flat footed but my legs are straight---not uncomfortable--but straight. Hope that helps.
    Yeah it does thanks. That's the best explanation I've had. You and I are the same height and I'm 32/33 inseam. I know now I can still be flat footed.

Recovering the OEM seat!

I have removed the back rest and wrapped my shield in vinyl so the bike is getting pretty murdered out. I plan to cover my seat this winter when El niņo hits us and am leaning towards Alcantara as it is really nice on my R9T seat from Luis Moto, and I never seem to get caught in the rain.

Adjusting Seat Back

I wrote to MCC and they said the OEM vinyl is in excellent shape, no need to change it.

I asked about taking some of the slope off the back and they will cut out a coccyx channel for me free of charge.

Now, just can't wait.

Thanks for the advice!

I wrote to MCC and they said the OEM vinyl is in excellent shape, no need to change it.

I asked about taking some of the slope off the back and they will cut out a coccyx channel for me free of charge.

Now, just can't wait.

Thanks for the advice!

Expensive to ship it to them? UPS? Fedex?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537