Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS

Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS

I've been searching the posts and the internet for a GPS mount that will place the gps right on the top of the dash at the bottom of the windshield dead center. Can't find one. Found one from ecaddy but will not mount as there are no "bolts" to attach it to. PLEASE, if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Looking for new GPS, thinking of the ZUMO line so I don't have to "worry" about the rain and putting on plastic baggies or removing while riding.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

With my Clearview there isn't enough room between the dash and the air vent. I use a suction cup on top of the vent to hold my gps. However, after seeing Hornblowers farkle shelf I maybe changing to it. Radar detector, camera, small screen LED tv, can be mounted on that baby! I'm sure he'll post a pic!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Just for an option if you are considering a windshield mounted solution;

I've been mounting my Magellan GPS with the supplied suction cup mount; to the mid-upper left area of my medium Clearview windshield. The suction cup affixes just before the upper recurve portion of the windshield starts

I think this is a very good spot for it. the bottom of the GPS clears the left handlebar at full turn, and the power cord in minimally routed straight down into the left fairing cubbyhole, where the optional power outlet is installed.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If your windshield has a vent, you could use one of these:

I personally prefer the GPS lower and put my Ram ball in place of the emblem above the glovebox.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

GPS Mount

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    I've been searching the posts and the internet for a GPS mount that will place the gps right on the top of the dash at the bottom of the windshield dead center. Can't find one. Found one from ecaddy but will not mount as there are no "bolts" to attach it to. PLEASE, if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Looking for new GPS, thinking of the ZUMO line so I don't have to "worry" about the rain and putting on plastic baggies or removing while riding.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
    Here is a suggestion for you. I make these, 2 were given as door prizes at the Rally, but I don't know if the recipients used them. I have used it for 8,000 miles with no problem, clear view of the instruments and does not affect the windshield vent. PM me if interested.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is it an optical illusion or is your windshield Presidential bulletproof thick?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Is it an optical illusion or is your windshield Presidential bulletproof thick?
    Just an illusion. It'a a C. Baily windshield, only 3/16" thick.

Klockwerks

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have a Klockwerks dark smoke shield. Love the mount pictured above, exactly where I want it now how can I mount it?

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Here is a suggestion for you. I make these, 2 were given as door prizes at the Rally, but I don't know if the recipients used them. I have used it for 8,000 miles with no problem, clear view of the instruments and does not affect the windshield vent. PM me if interested.
    Bill
    I am definitely interested in your mount, what type of gps will it except.

Me too!

Yes, so am I.
    It would be good to see some other photos of the set up and mounting. Would just need to run the power cable without getting in the way of the intruments etc.
    Thanks.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA