Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hdnvn View Post
    I have mine right where you want it. Dead center just above the dash. It dosnt interfere with instrumentation at all either. I'm using a Zumo 660. Here's what I did...
    I custom made from wood a piece that resembles a doorstop. I used a moto tool to shape it to lay flat against the dashboard dead center of the speedometer. The dash has curvature in two directions...left and right, forward and back. It requires a bit of time but necessary to have the bottom of the doorstop match the shape of the dash. Now I'm using a Klockwerks 16" screen tinted dark that plays a big part in this. I used Velcro on the dash and on the bottom of my wooden mount which I first painted black. velcrowing the "wedge" to the top of the dash holds everything in place. I then used black foam to support the end of the wedge (towards the front of the bike) using the windshield for support. So I have two wedges..they "slide" against one another to create the downward pressure between the top of the dash and the inside of the windshield needed to support the weight of the GPS. The 660 of course comes with a mount. I screwed this to what is the flat face of the wooden wedge, it faces the rider. The wire I ran between the shield and dash and routed it to behind the glove compartment on the drivers side of the bike. With the wood painted black and black foam you can't see a thing. I have the GPS right in my face and it's not blocking instruments. It detaches in seconds and into the lockable compartment when I park. I have it plugged into the sound system and when running with voice overs I use the integrated MP3 feature. The assembly holds tight, I've had it on a few trips with no problems at all...
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Do you have pictures of this setup?

This setup sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures?

Hang on and I'll take some pics

I take it I cannot post pictures from an iPhone photo library? If so, how?