Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Center Windhshield Mount for GPS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Me too!

Yes, so am I.
    It would be good to see some other photos of the set up and mounting. Would just need to run the power cable without getting in the way of the intruments etc.
    Thanks.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
    Yes, so am I.
    It would be good to see some other photos of the set up and mounting. Would just need to run the power cable without getting in the way of the intruments etc.
    Thanks.
    Ken
    Ken - here are some additional photos. I run the power cable from the left hand cubby behind the instrument panel and out the top, there is a gap there that makes this easy. Of course you have to drill a small hole in the cubby to route the cable, or wire it in somewhere else. At any rate, wiring doesn't block the instruments. No sure on how to do an international shipment assuming you want one, but we can probably figure it out.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have mine mounted on the left handlebar. This way I can push buttons while riding. In my opinion it may be difficult to enter info while mounted on the windshield.

Attachment 17077
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I am definitely interested in your mount, what type of gps will it except.
    Greg - 2 sizes. One fits suction cups up to 65mm in diameter (standard Garmin mounts) and the other fits up to 74mm (some of the larger Garmin mounts and some Tom Tom mounts). Will NOT work with suction cups over 74mm. Not recommended for 6" screen units due to weight, 5" screens work fine. The photo I posted is a standard Garmin mount with a Garmin #1450 GPS (5" screen).

Looks like we will have good riding weather in N. Illinois over the next week. If you want to see the mount, I could probably meet you halfway in Geneva or Schaumburg. PM me if you want to do that.
    Bill