US Hero Army Vet Chris Mintz takes 5-7 bullets from Oregon shooter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Hero Army Vet Chris Mintz takes 5-7 bullets from Oregon shooter

US Hero Army Vet Chris Mintz takes 5-7 bullets from Oregon shooter

Hats off to Army Vet/student Chris Mintz who took 5-7 bullets while charging the Oregon shooter to save others.

" Chris Mintz "tried to protect some people," his aunt Sheila Brown told NBC News in a telephone interview. "We were told he did heroic things to protect some people."

She said that Mintz was shot seven times and had been in surgery since the shooting that left 10 dead, including the gunman.

Originally from Randleman, North Carolina, Mintz served about 10 years in the Army. He had just started college, Brown said. He was shot in the back, abdomen and hands, and had two broken legs, she added."

Read more at:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ore...-times-n437291
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ht-at-him.html
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2464903/chr...ot-five-times/

Attachment 16894

I don't think he's feeling like a hero at the moment. He got pretty eff'ed up.

These "gun free" zones just don't 100 percent work. They're just a guaranteed bastion for a body count.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I think that's this guy was just pissed off and a loner. Withdrawn. Of course all we know is from what the media is feeding us.

they do say that the one's that you should be worried about; are the silent types.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The shooter was targeting Christians. He asked them if they were a Christian and if they answered "yes" he shot them in the head and if they said no or didn't answer, he shot them in the leg.

He was born in England, moved to the USA and was living in Torrance, CA before moving to Oregon. He was a boot camp drop out. He was let go after 2 weeks for not meeting requirements. He had a fascination for mass shooters and their subsequent publicity. He reportedly graduated from a school for the mentally disturbed.

One strange coincidence is that he targeted the CC where one of the 3 Paris train heros attended school. Don't know if there were any actual links or not.

Gun control will seem like child's play when who will decide the mental stability of individuals comes to the forefront.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think that's this guy was just pissed off and a loner. Withdrawn. Of course all we know is from what the media is feeding us.

they do say that the one's that you should be worried about; are the silent types.

For me.... when somebody starts popping folks in the head after being asked if they are a Christian ...the next logical step for me is a radical muslim...period. There is no other ideal that comes to my mind. Now my confusion comes when it takes more than 2 getting popped before the next guy realizes that he either attacks and trys to live or rolls over and dies like the ones before ...

I just don't understand the thought process. Go back to 9/11 when the folks on the plane decided to fight back...we have become a land of sheep wanting to be slaughtered. JMHO. Now I get it if you cannot fight back because of a physical issue.... but if you are looking at death than what have you to loose.

The shooter is this case was a little guy... Then the Prez gets on TV and wants to have more gun laws and enforcement, never mentioning the thought that this guy could be a muslim/radical...just take the guns. I do not know the answer to this. We as a country have to many guns to collect and if you do the criminals and bad people will not turn theirs in...the answer then is to arm yourself and protect what is yours.

I know everyone has had a different life experience... I personally have been trained to take lives and to defend the weak. I am a sheep dog !

Rant over.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Gun control will seem like child's play when who will decide the mental stability of individuals comes to the forefront.

Great post! We are sooooooo PC that this would never happen. Now the folks with a screw loose are easy to recognize ...they ones who are just plumb crazy, well they are sitting next to you!

shooter
    In my world , gun control is two in the chest and one in the head. As soon as the tree huggers figure that out , things will get better. Can you see the look on that little pricks face if he walked into a classroom of twenty and fifteen of them pulled guns? Priceless!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Drunk Drivers kill innocent individuals also, they are held accountable for their actions. Nothing is said on eliminating vehicles.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.