Installed led bar accent lights from BIKE MP3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed led bar accent lights from BIKE MP3

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Installed led bar accent lights from BIKE MP3

These are much brighter than I expected, you can see them from pretty far away. They add a nice touch up front.

Overall I am very happy with these lights. My only gripe would be that the lights when not on have a yellow background which really stands out. Mounting the leds on a clear back would have made them a lot less noticeable when not illuminated. Pete (Pedro66) was great to deal with, good customer service!

Cool

Sweet !!!!!!!!! How $$$$$ and where did you get power?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Sweet !!!!!!!!! How $$$$$ and where did you get power?
    They were $60. I ran them back to the accessory power in the fuse panel. I already have the oem connector under the left box being used for my cig/usb outlet otherwise I could have just plugged it in there. It comes with an oem connector if you wish to just do it there. I had to extend the wires to get them to reach. I soldered new wires on then fished them back to the fuse panel. I hadn't had the seat or side covers off yet so I spent 3 hours doing everything just really taking my time and figuring out how to disassemble and reassemble everything. It was really easy to do. Next is the lights in the rear turn signal housing, they should be here tomorrow. I ordered 2 sets so I could have 2 bulbs in each rear signal lens. I'm having fun getting to know this bike inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    They were $60. I ran them back to the accessory power in the fuse panel. I already have the oem connector under the left box being used for my cig/usb outlet otherwise I could have just plugged it in there. It comes with an oem connector if you wish to just do it there. I had to extend the wires to get them to reach. I soldered new wires on then fished them back to the fuse panel. I hadn't had the seat or side covers off yet so I spent 3 hours doing everything just really taking my time and figuring out how to disassemble and reassemble everything. It was really easy to do. Next is the lights in the rear turn signal housing, they should be here tomorrow. I ordered 2 sets so I could have 2 bulbs in each rear signal lens. I'm having fun getting to know this bike inside and out.
    Thanks for the nice writeup, you know the connector we supply with those does allow for you to T into the OEM connector in the left box and still have other items connected, the lights are very low consumption and its the same circuit as the screw terminals in the fuse box.

They are on our site here http://www.bikemp3.com/2012-GL1800-B...GW-LGT-BAR.htm

Run the power wires here straight under the left pocket

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Thanks for the nice writeup, you know the connector we supply with those does allow for you to T into the OEM connector in the left box and still have other items connected, the lights are very low consumption and its the same circuit as the screw terminals in the fuse box.

They are on our site here http://www.bikemp3.com/2012-GL1800-B...GW-LGT-BAR.htm
    I have a 12 volt cig-usb plugged in under the left box already. How could I have 2 Oem accessory connectors plugged into the one Oem connector on the bike?

Looks good Did not know that light was available yet.Will have to order it today
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I have a 12 volt cig-usb plugged in under the left box already. How could I have 2 Oem accessory connectors plugged into the one Oem connector on the bike?
    Because the plug that comes with the lights has a male and female and connects between the OEM plug and the accessory plug should look like this unless you got a single but I don't remember them shipping like that.

Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Pete, are you going to make these lights in an AMBER color ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Because the plug that comes with the lights has a male and female and connects between the OEM plug and the accessory plug should look like this

Wow do I feel like an idiot! I didn't even look at the adapter, I just assumed since I already had the Oem connector taken up with a usb outlet that I couldn't plug it in there. That would have saved me a lot of time and work. Oh well, it's done now and I can use that connector for something else down the road. At least I learned how to take my bike apart! Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Pete, are you going to make these lights in an AMBER color ?
    Thinking about it but at the minute the demand is not high enough to justify the minimum production charge
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake