Considering a '13 F6B…tomorrow... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Considering a '13 F6B…tomorrow...

The '13 Deluxe doesn't have cruise…unless I overlooked it. I think all the models have cruise as of the 2015 model year.

Good thoughts on resale. I have never been one to be satisfied by cutting things out just to save a few bucks, either.

Thing is, the best deal is on a Standard model; if the other dealer that has the Deluxe wants to match the deal (+$1000 to compensate for the additional cost of the model upgrade), then I will go for it.

I also found a leftover '15 Deluxe…with the color I want…and cruise…but only a $1000 rebate rather than $2500 and less likely to take a hit on their markup compared to a '13 hanging around for two+ years.

Buy the bike. You're hooked.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I personally would go for the Deluxe if you can..The center stand, back rest, heated grips and self-cancelling turn signals were worth it to me..If you have no need/desire for these things go for the standard and add what you want later...I did not want to mess with this extra stuff so I bought the deluxe and glad I did...JMHO...BTW, if you don't like the noisy transmission and vibes from the Victory, which is in reality very minimal, ride a HD a few times!!!.....As said earlier, go buy the F6B and you will be very happy in the long run....Just don't plan on selling/trading it soon as the retail/resale value has "tanked" from what it was in 2013....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I personally would go for the Deluxe if you can..The center stand, back rest, heated grips and self-cancelling turn signals were worth it to me..If you have no need/desire for these things go for the standard and add what you want later...I did not want to mess with this extra stuff so I bought the deluxe and glad I did...JMHO...BTW, if you don't like the noisy transmission and vibes from the Victory, which is in reality very minimal, ride a HD a few times!!!.....As said earlier, go buy the F6B and you will be very happy in the long run....Just don't plan on selling/trading it soon as the retail/resale value has "tanked" from what it was in 2013....Ride safe
    I will ride a Victory CCT tomorrow, hopefully…

…will then try to get some seat time on an F6B before a decision is made. I will likely make the offer to the dealer, but it will be contingent on a test drive and my afterwards…

I very recently added the F6B to my garage. It's a wonderfully powerful motorcycle that is smooth as glass. Having only ever owned Vtwins, this was truly an experience for me. I couldn't ride the F6B that I bought, so the dealer offered me a 2003 Gold Wing with 67,000 miles on the clock to ride so I could get a feel for the engine and transmission. I'm glad he did that. Even with that many miles the ride and engine were superb!! I just broke 500 miles on my F6B, so I have another 99,500 miles to go before I replace the timing belts. Then the next 100,000 clock starts again. Good luck in your shopping and ride as many as you can.

I bought a Black standard and added the center stand, and backrest. I also bought a used throttle lock which works fine, mini floor boards, highway pegs, and a taller windshield, all for under $15500.00. I am very happy with my purchase. I could have bought a 2015 deluxe for $20000.00.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I will ride a Victory CCT tomorrow, hopefully…

…will then try to get some seat time on an F6B before a decision is made. I will likely make the offer to the dealer, but it will be contingent on a test drive and my afterwards…
    There is a difference between the Victory Cross Roads and the CCT...So you will, in reality, not be comparing similar bikes...The F6B and Victory CC are about the same equipment...The CCT has a huge trunk, fixed lowers, and different windshields...It is more like the Goldwing and not the F6B...In any event, buy what makes you happy as it your money.....Regards...

Dealerships

Another good point with Honda is, almost every decent sized town or city in the country has a Honda shop. Unlike many other brands. I had looked at BMW before I got my 6, but I could only locate 3 dealers in my state of Wisconsin, and the closest was 1 1/2 hr drive. Nice to know when your on a long trip in unfamiliar territory, that you can get support if needed.

To some the deluxe was worth the added cost. To each their own. You can find center stands cheap. I knew I'd be looking to replace the seat anyways, so with that I got both rider and passenger back rests. As far as heated grips? I've got heated gear including gloves. As far as self canceling tun signals, well..

Yeah the deluxe doesn't add cruise. 2015s all have cruise.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

If you test ride an F6B all your questions will be a mute point