Considering a '13 F6B…tomorrow... - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Considering a '13 F6B…tomorrow...

Stopped for lunch today at a DQ..Parked next to a new HD Road Glide Utltra...Rider of the HD looked at my bike, said nice bike but it is still a Jap bike and I don't ride Jap bikes....Does not have a clue what he is missing!!!!

…pulled the trigger...

Well, I did it. I purchased an F6B.

I was ready to buy the 2015 blue Deluxe model, with cruise and all of the goodies. Got approved for the loan and called the dealer to say, "I'll take it!". I left a voicemail, and he called me back saying that his price did not include tax, freight, etc. Therefore, the final price was going to be $3100 higher than the leftover '13 Standard, not $1400…

I said a swear word, then said the deal (see below) is too good to pass up, and while I hate sacrificing what I want in this price range, the difference between this dealer and the others, as well as between the models, is too much to pass up.

So, I ended up with the 2013 black Standard model. It is the color I preferred…but I hope I don't kick myself for sacrificing the cruise. If it was $1000 difference, I would have gone for the 2015. Not $3100, though.

Here's the breakdown of the deal:

MSRP $19,999
    discount - 2500
    rebate - 2500

Final cost: $14,999
    Tax: $1200
    Heated grips: $280
    12 V access.: $80
    Miscellaneous: $130

TOTAL $16,689

No charge on the labor to install the grip heaters and 12 V cell phone charger (to be placed in the weather proof compartment). Also, he did not charge for freight or setup.

So, I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but saved several thousand dollars in the process.

Now, I have to get a windshield! I am dragging my wife with me to the dealer tomorrow to take some measurements.

Congratulations, for around $1000.00 you can get a true cruise control not including installation. I can almost guarantee you will not regret your purchase. Enjoy and ride safe.

Congrats on your new scoot, you will enjoy it.

Too bad dealers don't list the true OTD (Out The Door price including TTL). Used car salesman games should be a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Congrats on your new scoot, you will enjoy it.

Too bad dealers don't list the true OTD (Out The Door price including TTL). Used car salesman games should be a thing of the past.

I think the reason would be taxes and the like...here in FLA taxes vary by county! When I am shopping the only figure I watch is the "difference" that being the amount of money I need to come up with. I really dislike vehicle shopping, but the trick is to know as much as the dealer. You can ask your bank what you should pay...they KNOW the answer !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

This pricing topic has been "beaten to death"...It is like oil threads, etc....Every state has different taxes, fees, costs, etc., etc...If you, the buyer are happy with the price of your deal, nobody else really cares ...Posting what one paid for a bike is like comparing apples with oranges!!!....Someone, somewhere, will always claim they got a better deal at "JoeBlow" bike shop.....it never ends....Just ride your new F6B and enjoy the moment......JMHO!!