My general delima with two nice seats??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My general delima with two nice seats??

My general delima with two nice seats??

Got myself in a bit of a pickle, now having two nice seats but only needing one... which one?? I picked up a really nice new/used Corbin "dual tour" F6B seat this weekend even though I just purchased a Ultimate "King" seat. I rode both seats today for 5 hours each on exactly the same route and both are nice seat with each hiving it's good points and bad. I need to chose one and most likely sell one but it's hard to decide which one to keep. Both seats measure exactly the same as far as bar reach goes but the Ultimate is slightly taller. The Corbin is rock hard but that never seems to be an issue while riding, go figure? I think the Corbin wins the looks hands down as it really looks great on the bike. My wife likes the Corbin better because she sets a little lower and it gets her out of the wind blast a little better. The backrest is nice with the Corbin but that's a mute point because I didn't get the backrest with the Ultimate since I don't ride with one anyway. What do you guy's think???

Ultimate on the left..... Corbin on the right
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I like the Ultimate better looks wise.

I just purchased an Ultimate about a month ago and it has solved my seat problems. I can now ride all day and have no issues what so ever. I also had an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and it was perfect for me. That being said I also had a Corbin on a bike years ago and it was nice. My riding buddy has a Corbin on his NC700 and he can go all day with it. We too are amazed how rock hard the Corbin is but it works for him. Tough call, but I would choose the Ultimate.

I would add that I think the Ultimate looks better too.

I'll take the looser off your hands for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Got myself in a bit of a pickle, now having two nice seats but only needing one... which one?? I picked up a really nice new/used Corbin "dual tour" F6B seat this weekend even though I just purchased a Ultimate "King" seat. I rode both seats today for 5 hours each on exactly the same route and both are nice seat with each hiving it's good points and bad. I need to chose one and most likely sell one but it's hard to decide which one to keep. Both seats measure exactly the same as far as bar reach goes but the Ultimate is slightly taller. The Corbin is rock hard but that never seems to be an issue while riding, go figure? I think the Corbin wins the looks hands down as it really looks great on the bike. My wife likes the Corbin better because she sets a little lower and it gets her out of the wind blast a little better. The backrest is nice with the Corbin but that's a mute point because I didn't get the backrest with the Ultimate since I don't ride with one anyway. What do you guy's think???

Ultimate on the left..... Corbin on the right
    It's a no brainer in my book....

The Corbin is hideous.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Wait a while, what's the rush, see how your rear feels after a real extended ride, function over looks, that's why I ride a RDL.

Eric
    I got to admit I like the looks of the ultimate better also. But if moma aint happy nobodys happy. So you may need to settle for the one that works for her. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

I posted this in another post but after seeing the new Corbin F6B seat at street Vibrations last week I couldnt believe how much softer the Corbin foam is compared to me 6 yr old Corbin Rune seat..I asked Julio who built my seat years ago about the softer seats..He said they have a softer foam now but Im not sure if its standard or if you have to ask for it when ordering...I recommend driving into the factory and having your seat custom made with whatever leather you want at the same price as the internet ordered plain seat..The new F6B seat looks gorgeous and thinking about going to Hollister and having mine made...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    The Corbin is hideous.
    I second that sentiment.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537