My general delima with two nice seats?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My general delima with two nice seats??

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    I keep hearing about this Russell remake...Anyone have a pic of the finished seat??

https://www.day-long.com/gallery/honda/

Honda F6B 3rd pic with lugage on the rack in black was mine, until some idiot cager totaled my F 5 weeks ago, but the seat was unharmed and so it is going to be mounted on my new 2015 Matte Silver one this week

Here is my RDL, up 4" back 3".
    Attached Images Attached Images

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thought this article was an interesting read:

"... About half of the aftermarket saddles used in the 2011 Iron Butt Rally were made by Russell Cycle Products (www.day-long.com). Collectively, over 70% of the aftermarket saddles used in the IBR were built by either Russell, Rick Mayer (www.rickmayercycle.com), or Bill Mayer (www.billmayersaddles.com). All three of these products are produced in California and they share a common history. ..."

http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/IBMag7-p62-64.pdf

Been spending a lot of time on both seats and so far it looks like the Ultimate is going to be the keeper. I have two long rides this weekend and I'm going to try both seats, one on each day then one will be sold because I don't need three seats. The Corbin is a real nice seat but the problem for me is my height, the Corbin set's a little lower than the stock seat so I think it's for "short legged" people.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Does that Corbin move you any further from or closer to the bars? I could maybe tolerate a bit lower, but don't want my reach changed.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Does that Corbin move you any further from or closer to the bars? I could maybe tolerate a bit lower, but don't want my reach changed.
    To me I would say no, the reach feels the same as the stock seat but as anybody would tell you seats are very subjective. Ft. Wayne is close so your more than welcome to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    To me I would say no, the reach feels the same as the stock seat but as anybody would tell you seats are very subjective. Ft. Wayne is close so your more than welcome to try it out.
    Yeah, I found Eaton on the map,not far at all. Thanks for the "tryout" offer, let me "noodle" on that a bit and possibly get back with you. I know that buyers of used items can't be too picky, but I'm just not sure about the stitching pattern on your Corbin. I'll continue to look at it but if you manage to sell it to someone else, that's fine too. I've had Corbins, Ultimates, and RDL on other bikes, so I'm still thinking this out. Right now, the stock seat with an Air Hawk pad or Bead rider works pretty well.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    The one I sat on definitely moved me forward. I felt like at least an inch if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    All that stitching equals potential ways for water to get in the seat.
    I live in horse country. I went to the local saddle store and they sold me Hydrophane. When you put it on the seat it completely treats AND waterproofs the seats and stitching. It rained on the bike for a day on the way home while it was on the trailer. It was puddling in the seat when I got home. I wiped the seat with a dry rag and it was completely dry. I have a Corbin on mine. Both my wife and I love it. I just did 900+ miles in the mountains a week ago and had no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    The one I sat on definitely moved me forward. I felt like at least an inch if not more.
    I bought the Corbin used so I would have to call Corbin with the "build number" to find out the specs but this one is geared towards a tall guy. I have now spent all day Saturday on the Corbin and almost all day sunday on the Ultimate and I think the keeper for me is going to be the Corbin! Sorry guy's but the Corbin would let me ride until I needed gas (200+ miles) and the Ultimate had some butt burn around 130 miles in. Every butt and every seat is different so results vary but I know what my butt likes. Looks like the Ultimate might be going up for sale.