Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 Autopsy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 Autopsy

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Mike: Just having changed my front pads and I found the left inside pad to have considerably more wear than the left outside pad and right side pads. That linked braking system sure put some additional wear to the inside left front pad! I stayed with the OEM pads and discovered that they are in fact sintered (lots of copper)! So much so that you can read continuity with a OHM Meter. With the OEM 's delivering 39+K miles of service, with minimum wear to the rotors, the choice was easy

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Unfortunately,. my left front pad was wore out at 20k. This upgrade was in response to the heavy wear on the left pad. I also replaced the front wheel bearings with the upgraded version of All Balls aftermarket bearings.
    I do love the quote about the first guy who invented the wheel was an idiot and the second guy being a genius. Posting new information on the forum allows others to see what is possible and is not intended for all those who read the post to make a similar choice. 40 years of Riding experience and a garage full of pieces and parts that did not work out has taught me that not every idea that we come up with is a good one. When I replace the front tire next month I will inspect the pads and rotors and post my findings.

Ride safe
    Headed to the big rally in Galveston in November
    Mike Neal

Quote Originally Posted by mike neal View Post
    Unfortunately,. my left front pad was wore out at 20k. This upgrade was in response to the heavy wear on the left pad. I also replaced the front wheel bearings with the upgraded version of All Balls aftermarket bearings.
    I do love the quote about the first guy who invented the wheel was an idiot and the second guy being a genius. Posting new information on the forum allows others to see what is possible and is not intended for all those who read the post to make a similar choice. 40 years of Riding experience and a garage full of pieces and parts that did not work out has taught me that not every idea that we come up with is a good one. When I replace the front tire next month I will inspect the pads and rotors and post my findings.

Ride safe
    Headed to the big rally in Galveston in November
    Mike Neal
    Oh how I know that only to well

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I live in North Eastern Pa. and, like you, the only straight roads are our interstates and even those are not truly straight. The Pocono Mountains with both its Delaware (315 miles long) and Susquehanna River (444 miles long) Corridors provide some of the best cycling roads in the country IMHO. The famous and much talked about and oft cycle ridden Route 6 is in my back yard, so too speak. That said, the Ax, with its "Knarly Wear", produced a smooth ride. Not sure why but I suspect the "off center" soft rubber compound may have made that possible. Riding twelve months out of the year, six Pa, six Fl., the tire was subjected to numerous road surfaces/conditions. In all my years of riding "Heavy Metric Cruisers", the Ax is the first tire to produce the kind of longevity I was looking for. Everyone has their own opinion on what is right for them. In my case the combination of a General G-Max on the rear and the Ax up front provides me with a "tire set-up" that I'm comfortable with.

Just a sample of what lies in my back yard

Attachment 17092Attachment 17093Attachment 17094Attachment 17095Attachment 17096

Ride Safe

bob109
    xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chi Lar dura la vince" - He that endureth overcomes!!
    2015 F6B Deluxe Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mufassa001 View Post
    xx
    A neighbor to my North, I'm from the Lehigh Valley, so you prefer the Ax over OEM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chi Lar dura la vince" - He that endureth overcomes!!
    2015 F6B Deluxe Matte Silver

Superior Tire

Quote Originally Posted by Mufassa001 View Post
    A neighbor to my North, I'm from the Lehigh Valley, so you prefer the Ax over OEM?
    IMHO the Ax is the superior of the two tires. It's 1/4" narrower than the OEM Stone, wears like iron and is a great "corner carver". Dollar for dollar if your looking for a great alternative/replacement for the OEM tire the Ax will fit the bill!

Regarding the Lehigh Vally, I routinely get down to Nazareth, Bethlehem and Hellertown! RT 412, 940 and old 611 along the Delaware River provides for some great riding and fantastic scenery. Ever get to Penn's Peak? Having a cousin in New Hope, not far from Washington's Crossing, is another great destination

I got 20K + miles out of the OEM... time will tell on the AX...currently running 41# .... now looking at the Pirelli Snow Control for the rear !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com