Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
I live in North Eastern Pa. and, like you, the only straight roads are our interstates and even those are not truly straight. The Pocono Mountains with both its Delaware (315 miles long) and Susquehanna River (444 miles long) Corridors provide some of the best cycling roads in the country IMHO. The famous and much talked about and oft cycle ridden Route 6 is in my back yard, so too speak. That said, the Ax, with its "Knarly Wear", produced a smooth ride. Not sure why but I suspect the "off center" soft rubber compound may have made that possible. Riding twelve months out of the year, six Pa, six Fl., the tire was subjected to numerous road surfaces/conditions. In all my years of riding "Heavy Metric Cruisers", the Ax is the first tire to produce the kind of longevity I was looking for. Everyone has their own opinion on what is right for them. In my case the combination of a General G-Max on the rear and the Ax up front provides me with a "tire set-up" that I'm comfortable with.

Just a sample of what lies in my back yard

Attachment 17092Attachment 17093Attachment 17094Attachment 17095Attachment 17096

Ride Safe

bob109
xx