Why would you do this. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why would you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Can't you get pinched for that after the fact ?

The short answer is no, at least here in FLA... Those IBA guys run at Mach one most of the time...I think the record for 24 hours non stop is like 2300 miles... or something like that...don't feel like looking for the answer...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The short answer is no, at least here in FLA... Those IBA guys run at Mach one most of the time...I think the record for 24 hours non stop is like 2300 miles... or something like that...don't feel like looking for the answer...
    I was reading the rules for the 1000/24, 1500/36 and 50CC run and it said you are required to get an officer (plus badge number) to sign your paperwork both at the beginning and the completion of your run. I can't imagine someone asking a cop to sign that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    Attachment 17083

This doesn't look like a dirt bike to me. Al
    Some of the best roads in the Black Hills around Sturgis are worse than that and my F6 made it just fine. If you are ever there take the end of the pavement in Deerfield to Rochford; the most beautiful 20 miles of dirt I have ever seen!

I was reading the rules for the 1000/24, 1500/36 and 50CC run and it said you are required to get an officer (plus badge number) to sign your paperwork both at the beginning and the completion of your run. I can't imagine someone asking a cop to sign that one.

News to me...I/we did not do it !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    News to me...I/we did not do it !!!
    Here is what I was reading (instructions for the 50cc including both the 1000/24 and 1500/36).

"... find at least one police officer, firefighter, judge, notary public or authorized Iron Butt Association member
    ... You may fill out the witness section with the Police Station/Fire House address. Ask the officer to supply his badge number and note it on the witness form.
    ... Generally speaking, you will need to find one police officer at both the start and end of your ride to witness the date, time and location.
    ..."

http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ge...nt.cfm?DocID=4

Here is what I was reading (instructions for the 50cc including both the 1000/24 and 1500/36).

"... find at least one police officer, firefighter, judge, notary public or authorized Iron Butt Association member
    ... You may fill out the witness section with the Police Station/Fire House address. Ask the officer to supply his badge number and note it on the witness form.
    ... Generally speaking, you will need to find one police officer at both the start and end of your ride to witness the date, time and location.
    ..."

http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ge...nt.cfm?DocID=4
    You need an official for the 50cc but for 1000/24 and 1500/36 standalone you only need a clerk, time stamp etc.
    http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ge...nt.cfm?DocID=1

STEP TWO: Get a start witness

In order to document your ride, the Iron Butt Association requires that obtain an eyewitness to document the start of your ride. Witnesses for the basic SaddleSore 1000 and Bun Burner 1500 may be a friend (but not one on the ride with you), spouse or even gas station attendant willing to answer a letter from the IBA about your start or end time. If a passenger is on the ride with you, please ask your witnesses to sign the form for them also.

This reminds me of when I was riding in Montana back on July 25th. It was POURING rain all day long from the time I left Shelby until just before I rolled into Missoula. I believe I was somewhere south of Choteau when I ran into about an 18 mile patch of road which was being rebuilt. This section of road would've been hard packed dirt on a sunny day, but on the day I was riding on it, the dirt was a bit soft & very slippery. I was putt-putting along very slowly, but holy crap my entire body was rigid. Luckily I made it through with nothing but a filthy bike & dirty boots & chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrock View Post
    This reminds me of when I was riding in Montana back on July 25th. It was POURING rain all day long from the time I left Shelby until just before I rolled into Missoula. I believe I was somewhere south of Choteau when I ran into about an 18 mile patch of road which was being rebuilt. This section of road would've been hard packed dirt on a sunny day, but on the day I was riding on it, the dirt was a bit soft & very slippery. I was putt-putting along very slowly, but holy crap my entire body was rigid. Luckily I made it through with nothing but a filthy bike & dirty boots & chaps.
    I think I hijacked this thread back to it's original discussion.....

maybe....

maybe..... alcohol was somehow involved?
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map