Through the air with the greatest of ease... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Through the air with the greatest of ease...

Ride

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will try the BBQ place for sure. I always have to tag along on a shopping trip to Macon so now I can detour to the bike shop!!! Your right the blue beast will not be making the trip with me this time but it will in July when I will be there for 3 weeks. We have a family vacation planned with my 2 brother inlaws which will include a trip to Tennessee and my better half suggested that since we are driving down that I should get a trailer and tow the bike. She was in Tennessee 2 years ago and said I will love the bike roads there in the mountains. That's one of the reasons she is my best friend! I'm looking forward to that trip for sure. I will give you a shout and maybe we can do a ride if the timing works out.
    Sounds like a plan. What a great better half you have! If you can add to the Tenn ride, check out the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you look it up, see Cherokee N.C. for the southern end of it. It's my favorite ride. In July it will be crowded but it's still a great escape from the Middle GA heat/humidity.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Traffic clustered and slowed to 50 mph and I found myself following too close with one hand on the bars. The car in front of me strattled a full bag of feed and left an unavoidable object in my path. Absolutely no time to think. And don't follow too closely.
    Glad you're ok. I'd say there are a few lessons in there. Thanks for the reminder.That's why continually reinforcing good skills is so important. There generally isn't time to think. That applies across the board.

F6 Stability

Close, but no cigar.
    I bottomed out on an irregular back road when I hit a dip that was in the shadows while riding two-up.
    Anxiety strikes!
    F6 smiles, shrugs it off and down the road we go.
    I've never ridden another bike that I would trust to take care of me like the F6.