Through the air with the greatest of ease... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Through the air with the greatest of ease...

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I only wish I was the guy behind you to see it!
    Me too! Good job keeping the rubber side down!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

GaTeach
    Holy cow

Nice driving and a bit of luck for sure. I have a 2 brother inlaws living in Warner Robins nice place. I will be spending Chistmas there again this year. Any good Honda dealers or parts depo I should visit near there???

The difference between being old and being young

Being old----you pulled down a side road for an inspection on your machine and catch your breath!

Being young---you stand on the pegs and look around to the car behind you, give the thumbs up while bobbing your head like you meant to do that.

I've done both---older is better.

BTW---grew up in Macon during the 60's. There is no hotter place during July and August!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice Recovery

Don't forget the golden rule " Power to the rear wheel !!", When it comes to debris, bird strikes and even the suicidal deer, power up boys ! Take the hit and stay on the throttle, it will almost always pull you back upright.

You are one blessed dude. Period.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trail 70

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I always said the good riders started on dirt bikes, I had 4 dirt bikes before I ever bought a road bike. The dirt bikes teach you what a bike will do and what they won't do. The experience feathers right into your longevity on a road machine. That was an impressive display of doing the only thing that was going to get you thru that. It could have been a lot worse without the experience. Thank the Lord you made it thru.
    Seadog, Yes. I started on a Trail 70 long ago and still have an old KTM 2 smoke I rail on every now and then. I've now been on the street for 2 1/2 years. I'm on my third street bike during that time with 50K plus miles now. And yes, thank the Lord I made it.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Capital Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Nice driving and a bit of luck for sure. I have a 2 brother inlaws living in Warner Robins nice place. I will be spending Chistmas there again this year. Any good Honda dealers or parts depo I should visit near there???
    lloydmoore, Try Capital Cycle in Macon. Honda, KTM, and Victory takes up most of the showroom and they usually have interesting used bikes. Brian or Matt if you want to price parts. Nice folks; that's my go to place for parts. Yamaha of Byron is nearby and worth looking at their showroom if you like Yamaha and Triumph. Also the Aviation Museum by the base is well worth the trip. And while your nearby, the BBQ at the corner of Watson Blvd and HY 247 near the main entrance to the W.R. Air Force base - the brisket is just fantastic!
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

NB Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    lloydmoore, Try Capital Cycle in Macon. Honda, KTM, and Victory takes up most of the showroom and they usually have interesting used bikes. Brian or Matt if you want to price parts. Nice folks; that's my go to place for parts. Yamaha of Byron is nearby and worth looking at their showroom if you like Yamaha and Triumph. Also the Aviation Museum by the base is well worth the trip. And while your nearby, the BBQ at the corner of Watson Blvd and HY 247 near the main entrance to the W.R. Air Force base - the brisket is just fantastic!

lloydmoore1, NOW I see you are from NB Canada! Your 6 is not likely to be in your travel plans for December? If yes then I want to come to W.R. to shake your hand. If not, PM me if you miss your nice looking blue 6. And if I'm home (spent most of last Christmas in the Fla Keys and thinking of going back) I'll bring MAN-O-WAR over to ease your blues (so to speak). He's the faster black variety of the 6 species...

BT45R 130/70-18

Man - O - _War

Thanks for the info. I will try the BBQ place for sure. I always have to tag along on a shopping trip to Macon so now I can detour to the bike shop!!! Your right the blue beast will not be making the trip with me this time but it will in July when I will be there for 3 weeks. We have a family vacation planned with my 2 brother inlaws which will include a trip to Tennessee and my better half suggested that since we are driving down that I should get a trailer and tow the bike. She was in Tennessee 2 years ago and said I will love the bike roads there in the mountains. That's one of the reasons she is my best friend! I'm looking forward to that trip for sure. I will give you a shout and maybe we can do a ride if the timing works out.