Early afternoon today I was on HY 247 leaving Warner Robins GA. A flatbed truck was stopped 50 yards ahead on the side of the road. Traffic clustered and slowed to 50 mph and I found myself following too close with one hand on the bars. The car in front of me strattled a full bag of feed and left an unavoidable object in my path. Absolutely no time to think. Next I realized I was standing dirt bike fashion gunning the 6 and pulling back hard on the bars. Just as the front tire launched good the back tire hit the bag - causing the back end to jump into the air high enough for the seat to hit my butt. It hit hard enough to send my torso over the windshield and stood the 6 on the front tire.

You know how time seems to slow wayyy down? It did. I was riding on the front tire long enough to remember thinking - dang just the front is on the ground! The back tire finally touched down and the 6 never so much as wobbled. I never moved over in my lane and was on the exact trajectory before I launched into my front tire wheelie. Traffic behind me had slowed. And I guess it all happened in a second.

I pulled down a side road for inspection. The center stand dug into the bag and had some finely ground moist (hog?) feed stuck to it. Wheels were fine, front end seemed good. Thankfully no damage to the upper or lower of the 6. I later ran interstate speeds and all was normal.

Reminder to self and friends: Basics, basics, basics. Maintain good riding habits. Live a long time. Ride far and often. Enjoy the breeze. And don't follow too closely.