Need feedback - Kuryakyn LED lights for the rear
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need feedback - Kuryakyn LED lights for the rear

Need feedback - Kuryakyn LED lights for the rear

I need an oil filter wrench; seems that out of the thousands of of I have... I have discovered that I have NOTHING that can get a normal bite on the F6B's oil filter. Unless I decide to do it "old school" and jam a screwdriver through it...

So; in my twisted way to think I'm getting a better deal by MORE than what I need; to get FREE shipping from one of our vendors... I have to spend more than what the wrench costs

I am contemplating adding these onto the back of my Matte Silver F6B. More light is good.

I think some of you are already running these LED lights? How long have you had them and has there been any issue with the LEDS burning out?

Also, do the smoked chrome housings look more blackish than pictured?

Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I've had that fender tip light for about 19 months(or 2 riding seasons) with no issues. I don't especially care for the vertical set but to each his own. A friend had the fender tip light, got it about the same time I did and a few of the led's failed in a short time, but I think they took care of him. Save your receipts. Kury demands it for an adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I need an oil filter wrench; seems that out of the thousands of of I have... I have discovered that I have NOTHING that can get a normal bite on the F6B's oil filter. Unless I decide to do it "old school" and jam a screwdriver through it...

So; in my twisted way to think I'm getting a better deal by MORE than what I need; to get FREE shipping from one of our vendors... I have to spend more than what the wrench costs

I am contemplating adding these onto the back of my Matte Silver F6B. More light is good.

I think some of you are already running these LED lights? How long have you had them and has there been any issue with the LEDS burning out?

Also, do the smoked chrome housings look more blackish than pictured?

Thanks!
    I have them on the back of mine now since early October 2013. They are pricey when you buy all the adapter Y's but they are still tight and working great..(Clean the surface really well with wax remover and Alcohol) They are plug and play.Be sure you have them lined up when installing because you cannot move them once stuck...No bulbs failed as of yet. I would recommend them if you like the look.. I like the idea of being seen. I can't see them while driving down the road. I get comments like "Man the back of you bike is bright like a Christmas tree", etc...................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Thanks guys:

Kuryakyn seems to have a pretty good warranty on the LEDS: Stole this off of their website:

Küryakyn electrical products are warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer. L.E.D.’s contained in components of Küryakyn products will be warranted for defects in materials & workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase where as all other components shall be warranted for one (1) year. This includes, but is not limited to; control modules, wiring, chrome & other components.

Hey Dickie,

Do I need to buy TWO adapters (#KU3234)in order to wire up both the center LED piece, as well as the two verticle side LED's

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I have just the chrome tip one on the back of my red B. I really like the looks of it and I haven't had it to long. So as far as longevity for the lights part of your question Im not much help. But I did think about the ones up the side and decided not to because of the burning out part and not wanting to attempt to remove them should that happen. Murphy is alive and well at my house and I didn't want paint damage. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Thanks guys:

Kuryakyn seems to have a pretty good warranty on the LEDS: Stole this off of their website:

Küryakyn electrical products are warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer. L.E.D.’s contained in components of Küryakyn products will be warranted for defects in materials & workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase where as all other components shall be warranted for one (1) year. This includes, but is not limited to; control modules, wiring, chrome & other components.

Hey Dickie,

Do I need to buy TWO adapters (#KU3234)in order to wire up both the center LED piece, as well as the two verticle side LED's
    Yes I think it takes one each side.........
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Thanks!

After consideration of all above, I am only going to affix the center fender LED... and see how she goes.... then I may opt for the vertical LED's at a later time.

In conclusion, my Honda oil filter wrench just cost me $166.00 as shipped.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I only have the fender tip V shaped light in black and love the look, I don't like the look of the vertical ones though, I think it's too much. It's plug and play with the adapter.

GLOSS BLACK

I ONLY INSTALLED THE FENDER TIP, only issue was the color difference ,tip is GLOSS black.

I installed the center first and the decided to add the other two at later time.
    I haven't had any problems with them so far.
    I like the idea of been noticed on the road and yes, I get comments from friends an people, damm, you have a Christmas tree back there.....Some hate them some like them....I do like them and care less what people think as far as I feel safe and like the way they light up the back of the bike.