decisions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decisions

decisions

I am new to the forum,do not own aF6b,currently riding a CB1100. .looking for a bike to do some two up touring. my question is how good a touring bike is the F6b compared to the reg. Goldwing?

Cool

Same except no pizza box!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    I am new to the forum,do not own aF6b,currently riding a CB1100. .looking for a bike to do some two up touring. my question is how good a touring bike is the F6b compared to the reg. Goldwing?
    Depends. I came off a 12 Wing to a 13 F6. I preferred the Wing in only one way over the 6 and that was long distance touring. I don't mean a two or three day trip. I liked it for my summer two or three week cross country rides. Great wind protection, heated seats and grips for those cold mornings in the mountains, larger side bags and that ugly trunk all made things easier on long trips from home. Reverse comes in handy when backing up with a trailer on and my 13 doesn't have that OEM cruise. Not to mention my partners seat and electrical hook ups in the rear of the Wing made her happy which resulted in me being happier.With all that said I much prefer the 6. It is a good touring bike just not as good as a full wing and all around it fits me and my normal riding much better. I can't justify three bikes at the moment but a Wing parked in the garage with my other two would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Depends. I came off a 12 Wing to a 13 F6. I preferred the Wing in only one way over the 6 and that was long distance touring. I don't mean a two or three day trip. I liked it for my summer two or three week cross country rides. Great wind protection, heated seats and grips for those cold mornings in the mountains, larger side bags and that ugly trunk all made things easier on long trips from home. Reverse comes in handy when backing up with a trailer on and my 13 doesn't have that OEM cruise. Not to mention my partners seat and electrical hook ups in the rear of the Wing made her happy which resulted in me being happier.With all that said I much prefer the 6. It is a good touring bike just not as good as a full wing and all around it fits me and my normal riding much better. I can't justify three bikes at the moment but a Wing parked in the garage with my other two would be great!
    The B has smaller saddlebags that the full wing ? I thought they were the same size.

The 2015 has cruise and heated grips, my wife and I took a trip from the northwest part of Oklahoma to Denver, CO. I thought the F6B performed very well.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The B has smaller saddlebags that the full wing ? I thought they were the same size.
    I did not measure them but I could fit my helmet easily in the Wing bags and it is tight in my 6. They do not seem as wide.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    The 2015 has cruise and heated grips, my wife and I took a trip from the northwest part of Oklahoma to Denver, CO. I thought the F6B performed very well.
    I think it performs well also. I rode mine from Ocala Fl to Oswego NY and back this summer. It was great I just happen to think the full Wing is a great long distance tourer and the 6 is really a bagger. I love my 6 and do not regret swapping the Wing for it!

IMHO,I would guess the full wing is going to make your rider happier. More room to pack 'stuff' in and better wind protection.
    For me personally I much prefer my F6. I don't travel two up ,on long trips I strap a duffle in the back seat,pack the bags and roll !
    For a single rider,I much prefer my 6. i didn't and still don't want the full wing and I have made a couple of trips on mine and find it comfortable,maneuverable and drop dead gorgeous.
    Pull into a rest stop and I always get conversation-what is it,how sleek it looks(even with the duffle on the backseat).
    Did I mention I love this bike !!
    All that said,my understanding is that a happy wife makes for a happy life

I only ride one-up anymore so the F6B works great for me...Lighter, seems to handle easier at slower speeds, Mustang seat which sits me about 1"lower is super and I am perfectly satisfied on rides around 150/200 miles..If I were going to tour with a passenger and wanted/needed the trunk, and other "goodies" I would go for the GW I suppose...My prior ride was a Victory Vision Tour and it had it all over the GW, IMHO,on the road...Better wind protection, adjustable windshield, super long floorboards, plenty of power when needed and was lower to the ground for me...It had its faults also, but for the 3 years I rode it I really enjoyed it on the highway.....Ride safe..

The first trip I did with the B was a coast to coast trip with my wife on the back. It will depend on your expectations.....losing 70 lbs of trunk and other bells and whistles was well worth the added agility the bike delivers. Soft luggage adds temporary storage for the longer trip. Recommend heated grips and electric vest for cooler riding but my wife finds the rear seat spacious and comfortable. However she is 115 lbs and used to fairly bare bones bikes so the B felt pretty plush to her. Its really just a big ass sport touring bike.....take the luggage off when you get where your are going for the night and you can go zipping around.....the best of both worlds.

tink