decisions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decisions

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I did not measure them but I could fit my helmet easily in the Wing bags and it is tight in my 6. They do not seem as wide.
    What year is/was your full Wing.

The Bags are the same size between the fully dressed Gold Wing and the F6B for the same equivalent model years.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    What year is/was your full Wing.
    My Wing was a 12. I like everyone here think the 6 is a great bike but the OP asked about 2 up touring. As someone who has toured alot in the last ten years if I have a passenger on the back and I am out for a three week ride the full wing is better than the 6. I may be mistaken on the bags I know they are the same length but they do not seem as deep. Got the same helmets I had with the Wing and the fit sure is tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    I am new to the forum,do not own aF6b,currently riding a CB1100. .looking for a bike to do some two up touring. my question is how good a touring bike is the F6b compared to the reg. Goldwing?
    It's depend on what you are looking for short trip, long trip, ride with passenger... etc...? Currently our garage has a full wing, F6B and F6C...we like them all .

JB

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
    It's depend on what you are looking for short trip, long trip, ride with passenger... etc...? Currently our garage has a full wing, F6B and F6C...we like them all .

JB
    That's the way to do it. One of each!

Regarding the passenger....

As a few others have touched upon, when comparing the F6B with a full Wing from a passengers standpoint, you may find that the F6B comes up a bit short. Even with the addition of a proper backrest my wife is not comfortable on long rides. She was used to being tucked into the back of a Valkyrie Interstate and felt much more secure. She also feels that she gets significantly more wind blast, despite the addition of Baker products.
    As of right now, I am planning on trading in the spring for a new Goldwing.

Look at the Wing---Look at the B. What your eyes see that is on the Wing and NOT on the B is the difference! I have the manual and they are the same bike except for the bell and whistles and chrome on the Wing. Personally, I love my F6B but have no interest at all in owning a full blown Gold Wing. Way too much clutter for me.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

decision

handshake with local Honda dealer Saturday on a new 2013 F6b Delux.never rode one, only saw one,once at Hannigans before trike conversion. hope this bike is as good as y'all claim, at 65 this might,I stress might be the last.
    p.s. mostly lurk but enjoy all the posts