Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
Here is more than you will ever want to know with pic about the differences between Ct and a MC rim & tire construction with a whole lot more thrown in. This guy went to a lot of time and effort to do this and is a good read. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html
I have been a darksider on all my other steel steeds at one time or another and probably will be again on my F6B and now after reading the article a much more informed darksider about the construction of CT verses MC tires and their respective rims.
I'm at work and don't have the time to read this top to bottom, but it's about as comprehensive a report that you'll ever see. That's a fantastic find BIGLRY. I've said it on my other forum and will here too...Without reading that report in full, I'll never mount a CT on any bike I own. To me, and my opinion only, it just doesn't add up. After seeing those photo's on tire/wheel bead contact points, I feel stronger about it. Me and shooter are pretty good buddies, even though we never met. We're both in the tire business. He swears by them. It's one of those things, that's all I can say. I would never ever tell anyone not to. It's my choice only.