Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
Here is more than you will ever want to know with pic about the differences between Ct and a MC rim & tire construction with a whole lot more thrown in. This guy went to a lot of time and effort to do this and is a good read. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html
I have been a darksider on all my other steel steeds at one time or another and probably will be again on my F6B and now after reading the article a much more informed darksider about the construction of CT verses MC tires and their respective rims.
This is a fascinating article

I've read the article... actually skimmed over a lot of it, but I read enough. I now have since drawn a conclusion. I will not run a car tire on a motorcycle rim. I have been contemplating it off and on over the years; but this article just nailed that coffin shut.

"Bead lock" "Bead hump" Two very important terms... and the article explains the mechanical lock of the tire bead -vs- the inability for it to occur... if wheels and tires from cars/motorcycles are mixed.

Pictures explaining the differences and the forces that actually lock the tire bead to the rim... this referenced article really explains it well.

Thanks BIGLRY