Western North Carolina Mountains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Western North Carolina Mountains

GaTeach

Western North Carolina Mountains

I can’t thank Jimmy enough for allowing me to tag along with his group through the Western North Carolina mountains today.

I pulled into my garage with exactly 300 miles for the day. 300 glorious, breath-taking, amazing miles. As many times as I’ve ridden in that area, I have never experienced a ride like the one Jimmy led us on today.

Thank you so much Jimmy for the riding advice! My poor little Gremlin bell got quite a workout today. Thanks for waiting on me at the stop signs!! I

And although we didn’t have to dodge any horse poo, mules and buggies, or a nursing home escapee on a hoverround Dave Johnson/Patti Thompson/James Thompson OR dogs, rabid foxes, or toilet paper Suezanna Settle/Anna Brown/Tony Saddy we did have to do some dodging.

All told, we dodged many patches of gravel, several sand piles, 14 SUVs, 31 Japanese sedans, and two Harleys. And although I wasn’t on the ride yesterday, I understand they had to dodge a line of approximately 50 Jeeps.

Thanks again! I look forward to riding with y’all again!

Oh and we saw a black F6B on the road heading into Hot Springs. Riding two-up?

Teach

Sounds like a great ride, looking forward to the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Sounds like a great ride, looking forward to the pictures
    +1, sounds like a beautiful ride.

GaTeach
    We didn't slow down long enough to take any pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    We didn't slow down long enough to take any pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Found a video of the ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkgTjZveuA

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

GaTeach
    That. Is. Awesome.

Yes,. a great time was had by all. Big Dawg aka, Jimmy Chance is an outstanding instructor who has the ability to get you to understand what he is saying, allowing you to put the information into practice. I have been up to NC a few times and my ability is improved by leaps and bounds... after riding for over 40 years the finer points are coming into focus !!!

The pic is after lunch in HotSprings !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Sorry but the roads I took the group on were much more dangerous than that freeway in the video,

Tony You are alluding to me as dangerous and I don't appreciate it

I am proud to say that this weekend, we covered about 600 miles of some of the twistiest roads in Western North Carolina, those who rode with our group listened and rode their own ride, I worked with Steve and Teach and their improvement was remarkable. The pork chops on the green egg were off the chart and the after dinner bourbon tasting was even better.

Jimmy Chance

Would like to get me some of that. Always looking to improve. I've really been concentrating on a few things the last few months and amazed at how much difference it makes. Never considered myself a slouch, but have really been keeping myself mentally aware of throttle control. That along with body English,picking your line etc... makes all the difference. These bikes will seem like their cornering themselves if you do the right things.

I was in the North Carolina this weekend for an annual ride put on by a friend. Hope to ride with ya Jimmy sometime in the near future. Always want to learn.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Sorry but the roads I took the group on were much more dangerous than that freeway in the video,
    Tony You are alluding to me as dangerous and I don't appreciate it

Sorry Jimmy but you are 100% incorrect. Your comment is nothing short of and I don't appreciate it.

Someone asked for pictures, Kelley replied "We didn't slow down long enough to take any pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I interpreted her reply with 32 exclamation points as being a playful/humorous reply (that's what is great about this board) since she was too busy enjoying herself.
    I replied to Teach with humor in return for just laughs. TEACH got the joke/humorous reply and answered back with .... "That. Is. Awesome."

Nowhere did I say or imply that you are a dangerous rider as you ASSumed. My reply was just poking at Teach in good fun.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.