Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care'

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Guess I'm OK then...I never have a passenger
    You are good to go my friend and I will be right behind you...............if the wifey ain't not aboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Sorry Stroguy.............We'll just agree to disagree...Some of what you say I agree and some not so much....Its all good......Dickie
    No problem. Dissent is an AOK thingy, as long as we can have a beer at the end of the day instead of 10 paces turn and shoot.

I can only count to 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    No problem. Dissent is an AOK thingy, as long as we can have a beer at the end of the day instead of 10 paces turn and shoot.

I can only count to 9.
    Don't beat yourself up. At least that's a small improvement up from 8.

On tape yet, that should make the attorneys job pretty easy.
    ss^,
    Ken

They said on the news the biker got 2 tickets...one for passing in a no passing zone and one for expired license.

The motorcycle passenger may lose her arm.

Sanders (rider) walked away relatively unscathed, but Simpson (passenger) suffered a broken wrist and deep arm lacerations, and is facing a two-week hospital stay in Fort Worth with the possibility of amputation.

don-care-driver-arrested-swerving-couple-article-1.2404180

Reading through this thread, it sounds like the consensus is that the old guy (Crum) did a bad thing, while the biker (Sanders) was doing an ok thing. Attempted murder, which it looked like to me, definitely trumps the double-yellow line crossing and multiple vehicle passing. So I guess I have to agree. No way does any relatively minor traffic infraction by the biker justify Crum intentionally swerving into the path of that bike. This fellow is obviously far worse than the average nutball sticking the finger at the biker[s] on the way by. So, hopefully he goes directly from jail to prison. With his priors, it could happen.

I just cannot get my head around the idea that it was all that simple. Each time I watched the video I cringed and hoped that this time through the biker would hold on for a second to evaluate the situation before going around the second car (S.E.E). Or go so frigging fast that no one could interfere. Or just wait a bit to pass. Something different, so that we would never have seen the footage. Hell he was already held up by the first vehicle long enough for the bike with the camera to catch up. No question whether Crum was completely at fault for the crash and injuries, but I can't help wondering if the opportunity for the assault might have been handed to him a little too freely.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    On tape yet, that should make the attorneys job pretty easy.
    If he has an effective lawyer (like Johnnie Cochran), the incriminating evidence will be disallowed from admission into evidence to the criminal suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    If he has effective lawyer (like Johnnie Cochran), the incriminating evidence will be disallowed from admission into evidence to the criminal suit.
    That will not matter in a civil case. The young lady will be greatly compensated. If she loses her arm it may not be enough, but there are two parties here that are in deep doodoo. The old man firstly and mostly. If he is insured and current this will be a landslide settle outside of court win for her. She also can go after the bike driver she was holding on to. That double yellow line will be a noose around his insurance companies neck. That will be a bit tougher sell but most doable. I think the bike driver and the old man had better learn a new word.....TORT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

That Old Armadillo slurping dog should be glad he did not pull that on most the bike riders I know. Roadside traffic court would be swift and unavoidable. No appeals, no probation, and no parole.
    My favorite riding accessory is my LADY.
    I do not care how nice the bike is, I enjoy it more when she is with me.