Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care'
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care'

Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care'

The rider, Eric Sanders — who posted the video taken by a fellow traveler to Facebook shortly after it happened — said in the comments section that he suffered road rash and his girlfriend went to an intensive care unit in Texas after the incident.

Sanders begins to pass the car at about 1:40 in the video, only to have the driver swerve and knock both the rider and his passenger off of the motorcycle. As the video shows, the scene after the wreck is pretty urgent — fellow drivers pulling over to check on the couple as the two lay down on the side of the road, while the person filming approaches the man who hit the bike.

Driver swerves to hit passing motorcycle.

Road Hazards

Unfortunately for cycle riders there's more than road debris i.e. tire casings, stray mufflers, metal hangars, numerous pieces of wood and the likes to contend with on the road when riding. We have to literally have "eyes in our a$$" trying to keep safe and be ever aware of the unpredictable antics of "cagers" This video adds a new dimension to the recklessness of a "outright a$$hole" who deliberately inflicted bodily harm to two individuals and then law enforcement wants to look the other way. Might have been different had the driver pointed a gun out the window and pulled the trigger. Actually he did the equivalent with his auto, turning it into a "deadly weapon". Over the last several years there have been instances where drivers have slammed into pedestrians at malls and other venues and the outrage could be heard across the land. What needs to occur here is for the video to go "viral" and get the attention of the national media. This "Jerk" has to learn a valuable lesson that when behind the wheel of his car he is responsible for "caring about those around him". To let this guy off the hook would only give him "license" to do it again

I wonder what the reaction of law enforcement would have been had that been a Motorcycle Patrolman

Who, What, When, and Where? I thought this was an old video... The car driver should go to jail for years ! The civil suit, if he had anything would have been worth $$$$$$$$....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Plenty to fault on both sides of the road here. First the old dude obviously does not have total control of his faculties and should have his license revoked for life. Should also spend some time in jail and suffer at the hands of a civil suit, there will be plenty of pain and suffering on the biker side. Criminally he cannot take law enforcement in his hands and be made to pay for this poor judgement.

The biker needs to have his license revoked as well for a certain period. Passing multiple vehicles after crossing a solid yellow is idiotic to start with. But, having a passenger and putting their health and life in jeopardy making an ignorant move like that is the highest level of irresponsibility. It will be easy to put all the blame on the cager, but the biker would not have been in that predicament if he had just been patient and waited for the broken yellow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    You are exactly right Stro. Right now I have no less than fourelderly customers that don't need to be behind the wheel. I'm not insensitive but these people can't find my shop on occasion. I have one woman that has dimentia so bad she will make a half dozen appointments before she remembers one. And that's with me calling her on the day of. This lady also drives a small motorhome. Its getting worse out there guys. Like someone said you need eyes in your ass. I don't have as much fun riding as I used to because I have to be so diligent watching cagers. Seventeen year old girls texting is my worse enemy around here. They need to pass strict phone and texting laws in MO.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Plenty to fault on both sides of the road here. First the old dude obviously does not have total control of his faculties and should have his license revoked for life. Should also spend some time in jail and suffer at the hands of a civil suit, there will be plenty of pain and suffering on the biker side. Criminally he cannot take law enforcement in his hands and be made to pay for this poor judgement.

The biker needs to have his license revoked as well for a certain period. Passing multiple vehicles after crossing a solid yellow is idiotic to start with. But, having a passenger and putting their health and life in jeopardy making an ignorant move like that is the highest level of irresponsibility. It will be easy to put all the blame on the cager, but the biker would not have been in that predicament if he had just been patient and waited for the broken yellow.
    I agree, but the car driver is not, judge,jury and executioner.!!! It is a civil ticket !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    You would hope that the rider would have more sense than that , but sometimes they don't. Like Steve said its not up to the car driver to police him.

VERY MALICIOUS!!! The driver had no right whatsoever for doing that. Yes the Biker had crossed the double white lines to overtake but what rider on this forum does not brake the law on two wheels? from speeding, to in proper overtaking or whatever we do that does not conform to the law on the roadways. As bikers we have to put up with a lot of idiots out there, but no Driver should take the law into his or her own hands. And the nerve of the asshole saying he does not care.. Makes my blood boil!!...

This very thing happened to me on HWY28 when I was at the last Franklin Rally. Only I got shoved around 90 degrees by a black pickup. I gassed it and instead of going down it snapped back upright. I doubt riding skill had anything to do with it but by pure luck I didn't go down. Hind site is 20/20, I should of beat his ass and put him in the Hospital for trying to kill me...There are some crazy rednecks out there that don't care, that don't like motorcycles on their roads.He stated I shouldn't be on his road.There was no phone signal to call anyone so I rode off down the road with a scraped bent F6B..Just now I got a replacement crash bar..Going to start video taping all my rides so I can have evidence next time other than my word against theirs..........................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post

Its a good thing you are not a Judge...................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"