Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care'

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Its a good thing you are not a Judge...................................Dickie
    Unfortunately some licenses are handed out like candy. It's a privilege, not a right and sometimes daddy should take those privileges away. Drivers who break traffic laws are revenue generators and we couldn't dare disrupt municipal income. How many stories have we all heard of drunk drivers with multiple offenses are back on the road after fines and short license suspensions. In my eyes you have solidly displayed your inability to be a responsible citizen on the road. Whack his peepee your honor!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Unfortunately some licenses are handed out like candy. It's a privilege, not a right and sometimes daddy should take those privileges away. Drivers who break traffic laws are revenue generators and we couldn't dare disrupt municipal income. How many stories have we all heard of drunk drivers with multiple offenses are back on the road after fines and short license suspensions. In my eyes you have solidly displayed your inability to be a responsible citizen on the road. Whack his peepee your honor!
    So you have never broken a traffic law on a motorcycle?.................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

The biker needs to have his license revoked as well for a certain period. Passing multiple vehicles after crossing a solid yellow is idiotic to start with. But, having a passenger and putting their health and life in jeopardy making an ignorant move like that is the highest level of irresponsibility. It will be easy to put all the blame on the cager, but the biker would not have been in that predicament if he had just been patient and waited for the broken yellow.
    Stro--I don't know what it's like in Texas but in our NC and TN mountains, double yellow lines are common on all the twisties and you have to make choices that are not always so black and white. Luckily, many of the cagers in our mountain areas show great courtesy to us by pulling over and letting us have our fun. Others can be going well under the posted speed limit and refuse to yield. So, your choice becomes either following this uncaring driver for a long way or look for a decent place to get by. That place will usually still be marked double yellow, unfortunately. So, with all due respect, I disagree with you the rider in that situation needs his license revoked and is an idiot. OTOH, maybe I'm just an idiot myself and don't realize it yet .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Stro--I don't know what it's like in Texas but in our NC and TN mountains, double yellow lines are common on all the twisties and you have to make choices that are not always so black and white. Luckily, many of the cagers in our mountain areas show great courtesy to us by pulling over and letting us have our fun. Others can be going well under the posted speed limit and refuse to yield. So, your choice becomes either following this uncaring driver for a long way or look for a decent place to get by. That place will usually still be marked double yellow, unfortunately. So, with all due respect, I disagree with you the rider in that situation needs his license revoked and is an idiot. OTOH, maybe I'm just an idiot myself and don't realize it yet .
    Thank you Ken,My point exactly....Perhaps we are both law breakers who need our Licenses revoked according to Judge Sto............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Thank you Ken,My point exactly....Perhaps we are both law breakers who need our Licenses revoked according to Judge Sto............Dickie
    Well you don't seem to be able to comprehend what I said. Did I say take away all licenses for any infraction? Don't believe I did. I break the law everytime I get on my bike as do you. But the seriousness of the offense should be considered when passing such a judgement as I detailed. Do you think this old man should be on the road while you or a friend or your kid is riding in his vicinity? You think he will learn his lesson with a $100 fine? "I don't care" should be ringing in a judges ear.

By the way.........IT'S JUDGE STRO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I fully agree except for the last sentence. He's an idiot for putting his chick in harms way. Kill yourself with my blessings, but don't kill the poor passenger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I fully agree except for the last sentence. He's an idiot for putting his chick in harms way. Kill yourself with my blessings, but don't kill the poor passenger.
    Guess I'm OK then...I never have a passenger
    Ken (Hornblower)

My post on another forum......
    I don't think I ever could do that but it has crossed my mind as I have been passed by bikes doing wheelies, in a no passing lane. I'm pretty sure having the ability to NOT act on our feelings is actually what make us normal. I have watched that video several times and every time I swear I know exactly what that car driver is thinking as the bike is passing in a no passing zone and flying low and I bet he never intended to make contact with the bike but he did. Plus we have no way of knowing what was going on before the other bike with the camera caught up. Don't get me wrong I don't condone this in any way!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Well you don't seem to be able to comprehend what I said. Did I say take away all licenses for any infraction? Don't believe I did. I break the law everytime I get on my bike as do you. But the seriousness of the offense should be considered when passing such a judgement as I detailed. Do you think this old man should be on the road while you or a friend or your kid is riding in his vicinity? You think he will learn his lesson with a $100 fine? "I don't care" should be ringing in a judges ear.

By the way.........IT'S JUDGE STRO!
    Sorry Stroguy.............We'll just agree to disagree...Some of what you say I agree and some not so much....Its all good......Dickie

OK...does anyone know when this happened?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com