BikeMP3 voltmeter installed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BikeMP3 voltmeter installed!

BikeMP3 voltmeter installed!

Fellow F6B enthusiasts:
    A couple of emails with Pete at BikeMP3 convinced me that this is the voltmeter to install. It truly is "plug and play." The instrument has a pigtail that plugs into a receptacle under the storage box on the left side of the motorcycle. Running the wire was easy. The installation took about an hour. However, do use caution when removing your plastic fairing pieces. A clip nut fell off into the black hole of the motorcycle, and I had to raise the fuel tank to retrieve it, thus making a one-hour job much more difficult. In fact, it took most of the afternoon to retrieve that clip nut. The offending clip nut is clipped onto the fuel port support, and it simply fell off after I removed the bolt. There was no way to anticipate this event. There are four identical fasteners, and when this one was removed, I heard a "thunk," and knew it was gone. Use caution. It is possible to run the wire without removing all this stuff, but I didn't know this at the time. Live and learn...
    Thank you!
    Lucas in Phoenix... 100-plus degrees in my shop...

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Cool

I have the same unit and I did not remove any plastic except the cubbies..... about 1/2 hour if nothing is dropped and you have removed this area before....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I assume this shows the power of the battery? Is this for the case when you let the radio run without the engine turned on, so that you can see, that you still can start it again? Or just a cool gadget with another display?

it is a "pretty" ...only shows volts out put...no info on energy in the battery.....This bike could run a small city if you could get it hooked up to the bike...I just like it!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ah, ok! Thank you! And yes, i agree, looks pretty! Another thing to complete the pavement space shuttle :-)
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Voltmeter... What it does, and why it might be important.

Fellow F6B enthusiasts-
    A voltmeter displays the voltage within the electrical system. A new battery will measure approximately 12 volts. The machine will likely start with a well-depleted battery. When the motorcycle is running, and the charging system is working properly, the voltmeter will display something in the neighborhood 14.4 volts. This is more information than is provided by the low-voltage light. If one has good voltage, say 14.4 volts and steady, then one can count on the motorcycle starting after it has been shut down. This might influence one's decision-making regarding where and when to stop. (Can you get a jump start?) The voltmeter from BikeMP3 is very inexpensive. It is of very high quality. If one doesn't drop anything into the innards of the motorcycle, it is easy to install.
    Thanks!
    Lucas in Phoenix

Can a 12v power point be used tn the hole next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Can a 12v power point be used tn the hole next to it?
    I believe that hole is where the key lock to the center cubby is located.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Duh. OK brain fart. Good call. Can someone tell me if there is another hook up under there that I can connect a power point?