J & M fairing speakers?

Thread: J & M fairing speakers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

J & M fairing speakers?

Does anyone have any experience with this upgrade? I have the entire bike torn apart and want to change anything that should be while accessible?

Thanks

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikrok View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this upgrade? I have the entire bike torn apart and want to change anything that should be while accessible?

Thanks
    I installed them a couple of weeks ago after trying out some horrible sounding Polk's. I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet due to a recent surgery but I can tell you from the garage they sound much better than the stock speakers. They have a little more mid range and a little more bass. I can let you know how they sound while riding in a few days when I get out. They are a direct drop in replacement, total "plug n play". You don't need to do this while the bike is "torn apart", you can do it anytime. The front speaker grill pulls forward enough to replace the speakers without unhooking any wires or connections. It is easy enough to do anytime without taking the bike apart.

Thanks, I was hoping for a little more bass, not booming. I know that's not going to happen. But the stock ones seem very tinney.

Do we get the same speakers that are on the Gl1800?

Hey y'all,

Do we F6B owners even get the same speakers as the GL1800? My speakers sound as bad as the ones on my old 2002!

Giddyup, let us know if the improvement is worth the cost- what was your cost? And a speedy recovery to you!

srkeet

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srkeet View Post
    Hey y'all,

Do we F6B owners even get the same speakers as the GL1800? My speakers sound as bad as the ones on my old 2002!

Giddyup, let us know if the improvement is worth the cost- what was your cost? And a speedy recovery to you!

srkeet
    The speakers on the F6 are in fact the same as the full Wing however they are upgraded and much improved since 2002. I had a chance to ride with the J&M's yesterday and they sound really good. As stated earlier they have a little more midrange and bass due to the larger cone (10mm's larger). I could hear them clearly at speed and didn't have to turn them up as loud as stock to hear them. With that being said for me the jury is still out and time will tell if these are worth it or not. They were approx. $100.

Hook also did an upgrade with Fosgate and an amplifier. Maybe he will chime in..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    The speakers on the F6 are in fact the same as the full Wing however they are upgraded and much improved since 2002. I had a chance to ride with the J&M's yesterday and they sound really good. As stated earlier they have a little more midrange and bass due to the larger cone (10mm's larger). I could hear them clearly at speed and didn't have to turn them up as loud as stock to hear them. With that being said for me the jury is still out and time will tell if these are worth it or not. They were approx. $100.
    Hey GiddyupF6B,

Been since August you last reported on the J&M Speaker upgrades. I am looking at those along with some XTC Foam Speaker Baffles to increase my sound and cut out the bugs and debris collecting in the speaker grills. Now that you've had the J&M's for an extended time period, are you happy with them?

Please advise...
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson