J & M fairing speakers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J & M fairing speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    They are the stock size. Only difference is the size of the inner cone. I would check the J&M site for the exact specs, I don't know them off the top of my head.
    GiddyupF6B,

Yeah I checked already but they don't have the size listed. Thanks again!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    GiddyupF6B,

Yeah I checked already but they don't have the size listed. Thanks again!
    Just Google'd it.....
    9 x 5.5 x 3 inches

http://www.amazon.com/J-M-Performanc...productDetails

Hey GiddyupF6B,

Been since August you last reported on the J&M Speaker upgrades. I am looking at those along with some XTC Foam Speaker Baffles to increase my sound and cut out the bugs and debris collecting in the speaker grills. Now that you've had the J&M's for an extended time period, are you happy with them?

Please advise...
    I have already noticed some debris behind my speaker grill. (Little piece of paper or something) Do the grills just kind of pry off to get to this little sucker? I had no idea they were that open to the road, never had anything like this with my Valkyrie Interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I have already noticed some debris behind my speaker grill. (Little piece of paper or something) Do the grills just kind of pry off to get to this little sucker? I had no idea they were that open to the road, never had anything like this with my Valkyrie Interstate.
    The speaker grills are attached to one big piece that comes off in the center under where your key slot is. You can lift up using both hands and gently pull up on the left and right side on the key slot from underneath. It comes up easily just be gentle. Then the 2 sides of the speaker grills you simply pull forward on the upper corners gently. The whole assembly will then be loose. You can't take it back too far because your tweeters are still plugged in so be careful how far back you pull it. You won't need to unhook the tweeters to just get the grills cleaned off, there is plenty of room to get your hand in there. It will keep happening however......

Subwoofer in my bags

I also installed 2 - Kicker - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with Enclosure and Integrated 150W Amplifier from Best Buy and it completed my sound system.

Here's the link for more information,
    http://www.kicker.com/Hideaway

The nice part of this is the I can removed them when I go on long trips and I need the extra room.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ TONY G View Post
    I also installed 2 - Kicker - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with Enclosure and Integrated 150W Amplifier from Best Buy and it completed my sound system.

Here's the link for more information,
    http://www.kicker.com/Hideaway

The nice part of this is the I can removed them when I go on long trips and I need the extra room.
    Hey DJ TONY G,

That's pretty radical. Got any pictures you can post? Do you place on rear seat or in one of the saddle bags? I assume you connect to the rear speaker outs?

Please advise...

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Dave,

Also one of reasons to install the XTC Speaker Baffles besides tightened up bass response and waterproofing. My 2001 Valkyrie Interstate never had the dirt and bug issues either!

~ Thomas Jefferson

Dave,

Also one of reasons to install the XTC Speaker Baffles besides tightened up bass response and waterproofing. My 2001 Valkyrie Interstate never had the dirt and bug issues either!
    So what size are you getting, the 6 X 9 and where are you getting yours from? I'm probally going to install my helibars this weekend and may add those at that time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

stepbill,

From what I can tell the front speakers are 5 1/2" so when I replace with the new J&M's I'll be using the 5" to 5 1/2" XTC Speaker Baffles I bought on eBay for @$9.00! I've used them in every automotive install I've done over the past 20 years or so...always been a good sound! Plus protects against moisture and dust...

~ Thomas Jefferson

stepbill,

From what I can tell the front speakers are 5 1/2" so when I replace with the new J&M's I'll be using the 5" to 5 1/2" XTC Speaker Baffles I bought on eBay for @$9.00! I've used them in every automotive install I've done over the past 20 years or so...always been a good sound! Plus protects against moisture and dust...
    I replied to your question days ago telling you they were 5.5 inches.........stock size.