J & M fairing speakers? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: J & M fairing speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    I put a Fosgate amplifier and Polk speakers in my Kawasaki Vaquero and it sounds incredible. Now I just got an F6B and I don't like the stereo, so I'll probably try to move the Fosgate and Polks to the F6B. If it works and sounds good, I'll report back. Will be a few weeks, I need my service manual before I start opening her up!
    Any progress on this Rich?

Love this thread. One question that I haven't found an answer: what is the stock amp power output? 40Watts peak @4Ohms?

Valkyrie vs.

So I found this thread looking for anything that others have done. I think the stock sound is ok, but last night I got on my Valkyrie and it only confirms that I will have to do something. Seat and other things first. I have a Valkyrie Standard with a Woody's fairing ,, where I'm running 4) Kicker 5.25" speakers in the fairing and 2) 6.5" Kicker speakers in the saddlebags. They are powered by a Kenwood amplifier, and sourced to a Kenwood head unit. To say it rocks is an understatement. I'll be looking in how I can get similar audio performance in my new F6B. One of my first stops will be a guy I know who does a lot of custom audio for bikes. He steered me right with the low profile Kenwood amp I went with and I'm pretty sure he probably has some ideas for this F6B. I've got to take care of the basics first, like seat, backrest and other things. When I first took the F6B for a ride, I came back and thought , the sound is not too bad. Last night, I took my wife,for the first ride on the F6B. We just rode out to a restaurant. She had the death grip(no passenger backrest). After dinner, she waited ,while I went home and got the Valkyrie. Yeah, I'm going to upgrade this audio system. So far, I've only seen some who have put in the J&M speakers. I'll probably look into Kicker or something else with a good amplifier. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    So I found this thread looking for anything that others have done. I think the stock sound is ok, but last night I got on my Valkyrie and it only confirms that I will have to do something. Seat and other things first. I have a Valkyrie Standard with a Woody's fairing ,, where I'm running 4) Kicker 5.25" speakers in the fairing and 2) 6.5" Kicker speakers in the saddlebags. They are powered by a Kenwood amplifier, and sourced to a Kenwood head unit. To say it rocks is an understatement. I'll be looking in how I can get similar audio performance in my new F6B. One of my first stops will be a guy I know who does a lot of custom audio for bikes. He steered me right with the low profile Kenwood amp I went with and I'm pretty sure he probably has some ideas for this F6B. I've got to take care of the basics first, like seat, backrest and other things. When I first took the F6B for a ride, I came back and thought , the sound is not too bad. Last night, I took my wife,for the first ride on the F6B. We just rode out to a restaurant. She had the death grip(no passenger backrest). After dinner, she waited ,while I went home and got the Valkyrie. Yeah, I'm going to upgrade this audio system. So far, I've only seen some who have put in the J&M speakers. I'll probably look into Kicker or something else with a good amplifier. We'll see.
    I am thinking i definitely need more than a drop-in replacement as well. What was the low profile amp he suggested? I can start looking at options as well. keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    J & M Fairing speaker for our F6B's: https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail...ctID=FSPU-GL06 (A prior link to Amazon did not have the ~current~ part number for F6B fairing speakers)
    Looks to me like this Amazon listing is for the speakers we need:

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Performance...%26M+FSPU-GL06

What do you think?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Looks correct to me. Been following the prices on these and they increase when fewer units are 'in stock',,, decrease when they get more in,,,

Add a trinket or 2 to your order from Wingstuff to get free shipping and their price is good:

http://wingstuff.com/products/4171-p...?from_search=1

Think I will go Polk Audio on the Black bike stereo mod. Have had great luck with them on other bike systems. The overall wattage they handle and the RMS value available, is hard to beat.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I am thinking i definitely need more than a drop-in replacement as well. What was the low profile amp he suggested? I can start looking at options as well. keep us posted!
    Keep in mind, you understand the audio system I was talking about is on my Valkyrie, but thisis the amp I used.http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_...jsp?cid=540774

That price is cheaper than I bought it for. I paid $199 over a year ago and there is a Amazon has it over $200 right now. I was able to fit it inside the Woody's Fairing on my Valk. I run 4) 5.25" Kickers up front,2 on each channel wired in parallel presenting a 2 ohm load to the amp for 100 watts RMS at each front channel. I run the two rear channels to the 6.5" Kickers in the bags . 75 watts RMS at 4 ohm each channel.

I'll be looking into uprgrading/customizing the audio on the F6B in the near future. Got to work on seats and stuff first.

Here is some shots of my Valk and F6B
    Attachment 6992
    Attachment 6993Attachment 6994
    Attachment 6995
    Attachment 6991