Okay, so the forum should have known that I was riding down to Nor Cal on Wednesday, to Redding, Cal, to have my stock seat customized into a new Rick Mayer seat.

It is done, and the sprint home last night...550 miles in under 8 hours, was pretty good...seat wise. The jury is still out on this, but my initial tests tell me that this "may" work for me. I have a longer ride on the calendar for next week...to Tennessee and back...from Seattle area, so I will have a better idea after spending back to back 1000 mile days on it, there and back.

Here are the pictures...and since we can only post 5 pictures with each posts now...I will post 4 more later...because it is taking more than 5 monutes to upload each picture right now. Maybe later it will be faster.

The seat was done in black vinyl, with vinyl basketweave used in the seating areas. The seat is higher...about 1.5 inches in all, and the foam used inside is done to support me. Rick Mayer used to be a surgical nurse, and knows about anatomy, physiology, and the use of medical foams to support body parts. His father...the great Bill Mayer...was the original inventor of what today is known as the Russell Day-Long Saddle. The Russell seats are made about 20 miles north of where Rick Mayer builds his seats. Rick Mayer spent many years under the tutelage of his father, and learned a lot about motorcycle seats.

New Seat 004.jpgNew Seat 006.jpgNew Seat 010.jpgNew Seat 011.jpgNew Seat 009.jpg