Do dealers really want to sale Motorcycles? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do dealers really want to sale Motorcycles?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    The local dealer (Honda WS, WinstonSalem NC) has five or six F6B's of various versions and vintages on the floor.

I've been shopping F6's for quite awhile. Two days ago, the wife and I went back to nail down price and related logistics and, finally, they got around to admitting the recall. Told me they couldn't sell till it was resolved. This from a dealer who has been hot to sell for the past several weeks. In past visits I'd given them five different opportunities to mention the recall which they dodged and instead acted keen to deal.

Didn't want to tell me (actually...they flat out dodged the question) what the recall was for and I didn't admit that I already knew (...it can be beneficial sometimes to let a dealer think you're buying their Line-O-Crap). And, when they were asked when they're going to be able to sell it, told me 'end of the week'. After this, they didn't even suggest working out paperwork and financial issues in the interim. Just 'sorry..can't sell it to you. We'll call you. Have a nice day!'.

(NOTE: This was a bare three sentences after they had just told me they would've telephoned to tell me about the recall but had lost my number. So....You do the math.)

Leads me to think that what 'End of the week' actually means is 'Thanksgiving, maybe....we really don't want to bother with it (or you)'. Bottom line: I'm not planning to be going back in there at any point in the future.

Of course, I'll admit that I told them four visits ago exactly what price we were willing to pay and that a dollar over that price would send us out the door and up the street. Most dealers get peeved and balk at that...but I refuse to play the usual games on that matter. Either they want to sell or they don't...the matter is in their hands.

So, no.....all-in-all I don't think that this dealer really wants to make a sale. Other dealer's, I can't say. But Honda WS is just plain too busy playing games and dodging simple questions to be bothered with actually getting any business transacted.

.....sT
    The dealer in Mathews and Rockingham may be worth a call.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whats the price incrrease for a 2016 , I think 2% , I still see dealers sitting on 2013 and they ask 17k ... LOL not sure what they are thinking or smokeing
    I would like to see reverse on the 2016 but don't think mother Honda is listening .

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Whats the price incrrease for a 2016 , I think 2% , I still see dealers sitting on 2013 and they ask 17k ... LOL not sure what they are thinking or smokeing
    I would like to see reverse on the 2016 but don't think mother Honda is listening .
    Why would Honda consider a reverse on the 2016 when it is really not needed for most...No other bike company that makes heavy touring type bikes offer it....Goldwing is the only one I know of....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Why would Honda consider a reverse on the 2016 when it is really not needed for most...No other bike company that makes heavy touring type bikes offer it....Goldwing is the only one I know of....JMHO
    I must agree well said.

Personally, Reverse doesn't have any value to me one way or the other. I can think of barely one or two typical instances where I would use it. But, it would not stop me from buying a bike which had it. It's a plus to many...but a minus to almost nobody.

That said, Honda would be smart to do it. Not only would it be a good advertising feature...but Honda would be spared the (not inconsiderable) expense of manufacture, warehousing, production line variance, and other miscellaneous logistics involved in having two different gearboxes. One shared item for both lines.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

No ABS in USA they will not offer reverse.