Do dealers really want to sale Motorcycles?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do dealers really want to sale Motorcycles?

Do dealers really want to sale Motorcycles?

I have made the decision to buy a F6B. I am going to purchase the 2016 white. I started calling around to find out when they would be available to purchase. I called a dealer near Austin, Tx. The sales man told me he could have one on the floor in 5 days...Hmmmm this guy is good!!! the 3 other dealers told me I could put a deposit down and they may get one between now and January 1.
    You would think Honda would give dealers a concrete date as to when these bikes are available. I started looking at the H.D. Street Glide tonight, but I think I will hold out and see what happens mid November.
    Or I could pay MSRP for a2015 and have it painted. That's the option one of the Austin, Tx dealers suggested. Just don't see that happening!!!!!

Maybe they still have unsold 13's and don't want to be stuck with another one??? Many people here have reported dealers not stocking F6Bs.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    There is a recall in place that effects ALL GL1800's including the new units that have already been built for the next model year. Honda is replacing the parts on the new bikes, be patient. It's worth the wait

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

A street glide would be a down grade from an F6B in my opinion. I would wait for the white F6B. Like others have said it would be worth it. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

What are you willing to give up?

Horse Power? Reliability? Reasonable Price? Comfort? I personally would rather ride a Honda. Plus the after market goodies don't cost a small fortune.
    One reason I lean heavily towards Honda is because the wife recently traded a 2000 Honda Civic with over 235,000 miles and there was no major problems or issues. Just normal wear and tear and changed the engine belts as needed and ran full synthetic engine oil from day one. Engine did not blow any smoke out of the exhaust, ever.
    My favorite riding accessory is my LADY.
    I do not care how nice the bike is, I enjoy it more when she is with me.

This why I went back to a Honda motorcycle as well. Economical and reliable. A Harley Street Glide or a Road Glide is a step into the other direction.

I was seriously contemplating one of those Harley's... when I was getting ready to rid myself of my Vision and say goodbye fondly; to my Triumph Rocket. It only took me half a day of research on the Internet... to completely disavow any thought of ever owning one of those Glides....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

As said above, it will be worth the wait...I also went from a Victory Vision to the F6B..I test rode the Street Glide and really liked it until I rode the F6B...A step in the right direction is the Honda.....All around a better bike for the money period!!!..The 2016 white color is nice and I think you will be very happy once the dealers get the brake recall sorted out.....

If they had White and Black F6B's in 2015... I DEFINITELY would have got that one... instead of my current.

I'd install a set of Headlight Modulators; and spell:

.........Be
    POLITE

...on the center fairing below the windshield; and wear a white helmet with a black visor...

All perfectly legal. And it would help gain some respect out there from the motorcycle hating pubics

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    If they had White and Black F6B's in 2015... I DEFINITELY would have got that one... instead of my current.

I'd install a set of Headlight Modulators; and spell:

.........Be
    POLITE

...on the center fairing below the windshield; and wear a white helmet with a black visor...

All perfectly legal. And it would help gain some respect out there from the motorcycle hating pubics
    This is a true story, believe it or not:

I have a personal friend who owned a big BMW touring machine and did exactly that. Got pulled over by a local LEO and ticketed for impersonating a police officer. He was detained on the side of the road until another car showed up to photograph his bike. They eventually let him go with his promise to take the lettering off of his fairing. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Maybe they still have unsold 13's and don't want to be stuck with another one??? Many people here have reported dealers not stocking F6Bs.
    That's exactly what is going on with Eddie Hills Funcycles in Wichita Falls, TX. They have sold exactly ONE F6B since they came out. They don't stock them now, but will order one in for you if you request one.

They do have a red one triked out on the floor for $30k, though.