Need advice on best heel toe shifter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on best heel toe shifter

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    I do really appreciate the link you found and posted on your last entry.....It is great to read some technical information and data...complete with reasoning based on years of experience from some one in the business of working on Honda goldwing trannies on a daily basis....

I have also researched this F6B forum and other Goldwing forums that contain entries of many people that have had heel toe shifters for thousands of miles with no problems....and fewer people that have had problems with the same....as usually, especially with any thing mechanical, different experiences for different people...

I do know one thing for sure....if it comes down to painful upshifting with my left toe....I will not hestitate to install the Kuryakyn heel toe shifter...and do what I must to adjust to it ....versus the possiblility of operating my bike in constant pain...

Don't really have a choice......if ya know what I mean... Thanks again for the informative link..
    I'm happy to send you the Show Chrome floorboards if you like. Put them on, try them, if you like them we can strike a deal… if you don't send them back. Your call. Just send me a PM with the address you would like me to ship them to.

Cool

Not sure there is a better offer out there !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Here is an alternative designed for handy cap riders, Jim Leatherman swears by these and he has no legs.

http://www.pingelonline.com/

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

thanks guys

Thanks to all for the advice and generous offers on floorboards and slightly used heel toe shifters....

I decided to order a new Kuryakyn 4039 heel toe shifter online and try it with my current 3/4 inch drop Kuryakyn Miniboards....

I really like the position of my feet on these drop mounts & miniboards....so I will put the 4039 heel toe shifter on with them and see how much foot re-positioning I have to do......called Kuryakyn Tech guys and they assured me they will bolt right on....

Wrapping the new shifter with painters masking tape, before I mount it up, should keep it nice and new....in case I don't like how it feels...and need to return it

Again...I appreciate all the help...Shaker

Has anybody mentioned the Roadsmith floorboards and heel toe kit. I love it, but it is just a bit out of my price point, if you know what I mean.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]