Comparison of windscreens - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of windscreens

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    Attachment 17506

I went with the Klock Werks 14" Dark Smoke Screen basically because it looks cool. I am extremely happy with it. I am able to see over the top of it easily. Wind now gets pushed completely over my head and it also seems to push the front end of the bike down onto the road at high speeds very noticeably. I can also listen to the stereo at high speed and the clean air vacuum space created by the overdraft gives the distinct impression that my back is being pushed ever so slightly forward. And it does look Kewl.
    How tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by M_E_A_T View Post
    How tall are you?
    I'm 6'0" tall but have a Mustang saddle that drops me down about an inch. I should also point out that the back draft might bother a helmet-less rider because it pushes your sunglasses down onto your nose. Giving you the "old man with bifocals" look.

To each his own, but I like the baggershield 19' with center vent. By opening the vent it keeps air from rushing over top, creating turbulence behind windshield. Those who don't like looking thru a windshield probably wouldn't like it, and it's not as sexy, but there is no distortion and you can't beat it on those long rides.

Clearview Large and wide

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    What is it about the Madstad that makes it so good? What height screen did you finally settle on (and how tall are you)?

The Madstad base is a small mount. I have the 11 inch and it gives a lot of adjustability. The shield itself acts like a "spoiler" to maneuver and control the airflow. I am 6'1" on an Ultimate King Rider seat
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really like the Klock Werks Flare. Pushes the air over my head and around both me and my wife. We noticed a difference right away. I'm 6"1

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    I've had Clearview screens for other bikes, and it appears that the "recurve" feature makes a significant reduction in buffeting and wind noise. I'm wondering if some of the other popular after market screens work as well, or better than what Clearview offers. Anyone able to compare the Clearview with the Madstad or other quality screens?
    I have the 16" Clearview and at 6'1" (tall torso) it is not tall enough for me. I am buying the 18" F4 Customs in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter1800 View Post
    I really like the Klock Werks Flare. Pushes the air over my head and around both me and my wife. We noticed a difference right away. I'm 6"1
    What size Klock Werks do you have and how far do you have it raised up ?

The F6B versions are 14" & 16" with no height adjustments.

Mine is the tall. It's set on the third notch and measures 17 3/4". I look over the top set at that height

the 14 inch Klock werks Flare is Great we have it on wifes bike Looks Great and works well
    Battoo