Tire selection question
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tire selection question

Tire selection question

Found a couple of tires i'm interested in running on my F6. Curious about run flat vs. standard and does tread pattern make a difference?? Found this Bridgestone Potenza "run flat" (top pic) for a decent price. Also considering a Yokohama Envigor "run flat" (bottom pic)and of course the General G-max. Looking for suggestions.....
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Found a couple of tires i'm interested in running on my F6. Curious about run flat vs. standard and does tread pattern make a difference?? Found this Bridgestone Potenza "run flat" (top pic) for a decent price. Also considering a Yokohama Envigor "run flat" (bottom pic)and of course the General G-max. Looking for suggestions.....
    I have run Darkside on several other steel steeds through the years, but not yet on my F6B so I have asked the same ? and done a lot of reading and the one tire that keeps coming up over an over by a large majority by GL Darksiders is the Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP. ZP is for zero pressure/run flat and is the one I will be using soon.

Attachment 17530
    Attachment 17531

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

G-Max Until Supply Exhausted

Currently running the G-Max and will continue to do so until my supply of spares is exhausted. I'm on my second Max and have a few remaining. I have no doubt that I'll be giving the Alpine Run Flat a try. This tire seems to be the "new favorite" of the Wing and several F6B Riders. Getting approximately 30K miles of service from each Max, it may be some time before my switch occurs

DSC_0002.jpg

I have checked with several vendors in my area and that tire can't be bought. Tire Rack online does not even offer it, or at least when I search for available tires under 195-55-16 it don't come up in the list. I can find different sizes of it? There is not any even on ebay except larger sizes, is that tire possibly a discontinued tire making them hard to find? Anyway I went ahead and purchased the Bridgestone Potenza "run flat" at a decent price of 127.00 to my door. Bought another rear rim in black so it will be an easy swap.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

What is the speed rating for these tires? I have no idea what the top speed of the F6B is but I'm sure it can top 85 mph. I would really hate to have a tire shred at high speed.
    My favorite riding accessory is my LADY.
    I do not care how nice the bike is, I enjoy it more when she is with me.

Load/Speed Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Random one View Post
    What is the speed rating for these tires? I have no idea what the top speed of the F6B is but I'm sure it can top 85 mph. I would really hate to have a tire shred at high speed.
    In regard to the General G-Max the 195/55-R16 87V is rated as such!

480 Thread Wear

A Traction

A Temp

87V gives a Load Rating of 1201 Lbs. and a Speed Rating of 149 MPH.

The F6B is computer limited to approximately 126 MPH

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    In regards to the General G-Max the 195/55-R16 87V is rated as such!

480 Thread Wear

A Traction

A Temp

87V gives a Load Rating of 1201 Lbs. and a Speed Rating of 149 MPH.

The F6B is computer limited to approximately 126 MPH
    That's just the red ones Bob. The black ones have no limit and I've had mine to 173 in third gear. When I shifted to fourth it came down off the wheelie and I shut it down.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I have checked with several vendors in my area and that tire can't be bought. Tire Rack online does not even offer it, or at least when I search for available tires under 195-55-16 it don't come up in the list. I can find different sizes of it? There is not any even on ebay except larger sizes, is that tire possibly a discontinued tire making them hard to find? Anyway I went ahead and purchased the Bridgestone Potenza "run flat" at a decent price of 127.00 to my door. Bought another rear rim in black so it will be an easy swap.
    They basically only make them once a year. This is the time of year they are usually available. It is actually a winter tire.

shooter
    Guys , I just got the word from my tire distributor. The Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP in 195/55-16 has been discontinued by Michelin. My distributor doesn't have any in the system left over. You might find a stray here or there.

shooter
    I could be wrong about the Alpin but since everyone was having trouble finding them I checked my distributor. When he typed them in it came up discontinued. I bought one from him last year in October .